• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Heroes (might contain slight spoilers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, March 03, 2006, 10:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I almost was going to watch it, but I'd rather see it on my big TV next week than a tiny window on my PC.  Looking forward to it.

Geekyfanboy

Yeah I thought the same thing.. but since I already saw it on a big screen at comic con I couldn't wait to see it again and see what the cut out since the comic con was 70mins and this one was a normal episode at 44 minutes. They cut down a bunch of the scenes and took out one main character's subplot (which I had heard was moved to the second episode). Still after watching it I had chills, I hope this is a huge hit for NBC.

And just in case you don't know... if you miss it on Monday Sci Fi channel is re-airing on Fridays before there big Friday night block.

Geekyfanboy

Just had to share.. they are shooting a scene from Heroes in my hallway outside my office. I see a bunch of people walking around so I go out to investigate and stop a guy who is with Heroes and he tells me that they are doing a scene that involves the FBI. Two of the main actors are involved Greg Grunberg who plays the mind reading cop Matt Parkman and the FBI agent (I don't know her name). They just finished rehearsal.. time to shoot.. they just said action.. going to go poke my head out the door.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Geekyfanboy

Did anyone watch the premeire tonight? I watched it for a third time (tonight) and it's a great beginning to what I hope is the next big hit. The previews for upcoming episodes look awesome. I can't wait!!!

Chrystabel

I just finished watching Heroes and am completely hooked!  The character, Hiro, and his friend made some great Star Trek references!    :vulcan
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

Rico

Yep, it was a good start I thought.  Lots of interesting characters.  I'm wondering how they are going to pull it all together.  The only thing right now I find a bit hard to swallow is that the "dad" of one of the specials seems to be the bad guy.  Well except the cheerleader girl is adopted?  So maybe it was planned and he knows she has powers.  Loved the Japanese kid and all his TREK references.  Looking forward to the coming episodes.

Geekyfanboy

I read that the creator of the show said that this won't become a JLA or X-Men type thing where everyone teams up. They said the characters lives will interact somehow but they will never become a group. It's going to be interesting to see how they accomplish this without complicating the story with too many storylines.

markinro

Yeah, I cheated and watch the show on Yahoo.   Seems like everyone is borrowing from "Lost" these days but Heros has piqued my interest.   The "wolverine" girl  ??  Man, she has issues.   The neck-pinch line was hilarious.

YA-TAAAAA everyone !!!

Darth Gaos

Watched the other night and I CANNOT WAIT for the new one.  Loved the way they left us at the end of the premiere....the painting of the mushroom cloud over NYC...awesome.  Hiro is by far my favorite character so far.

Oh and did anyone else physically cringe when the cheerleader stuck her hand in the garbage disposal...man that was.....oogy.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Geekyfanboy

Rico

Geekyfanboy

I'm so jealous of you East Coasters... I have a few more hours :(

Elizur

We gave it a try tonight.

It had some great elements in it, but I can't handle any kind of gore. 

I guess with the success of all the CSI and Cold Case and all those kinds of shows it's no surprise to see some of these types of things in this show.

I admit I was hoping it would be some kind of JLA type thing. :orc

comix

Hey I thought that it was pretty darn good! I could have done without the gore. I guess that the bad guy is a ghoul - aren't they the ones that eat brains? or is that ZOMBIES?!? I hope that there is not going to be too much of that gory stuff, it distracts from a good story.
I really like Hiro he is pretty cool. a member of the Merry Marvel ? I did not catch the whole thing because my husband was laughing so hard.
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)

Geekyfanboy

I'M LOVING THIS SHOW!!!!! talk about an awesome ending. Can't wait for the next episode.