• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

BIG Trek Movie Press Conference on Thursday, 7/26

Started by Rico, July 25, 2007, 04:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Hmm, no real story details yet or time frame the movie is set in?  I really thought they would have more and be further along in the casting process.  Poster is ok I guess, but I am with Bryan, the delta shield one is much, much cooler.

darthcooley

Yeah the first Poster was alot cooler. I wonder if the release date won't get pushed back.Seems like they are running a little behind..

Ktrek

My first thought is...after a year this is the best they can come up with for a promo poster? COME ON! Who are they kidding. If they think this poster will generate any interest they are out of touch with reality! I have rarely seen such a loser promo than this one. It's like they threw it together just yesterday. Now my hopes for a decent Star Trek movie have diminished considerably.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

the_wasd_man

Quote from: Ktrek on July 26, 2007, 06:17:07 PM
My first thought is...after a year this is the best they can come up with for a promo poster? COME ON! Who are they kidding. If they think this poster will generate any interest they are out of touch with reality! I have rarely seen such a loser promo than this one. It's like they threw it together just yesterday. Now my hopes for a decent Star Trek movie have diminished considerably.

Kevin

Because of a poster? Come on, I think you're overreacting a bit.

Since we know Nimoy  will be playing Spock, I'm guessing the movie will be a flashback type thing. Maybe pre-Generations so they could fit Shatner in it. IF they can get Shatner

Rico

It is just a little teaser poster - that's it.  Might even just be kind of a Comic Con thing only.  For me there is basically one thing alone that will make this movie soar.  And that's a good story/script.  If they have that - posters don't matter.  If they don't have that - posters still don't matter.  Hang in there.  I still have a lot of faith in Abrams.

Rico

Video of the panel.  Check it out.

[youtube=425,350]OmzJD1sws9c[/youtube]

Geekyfanboy

I was stuck in traffic while this was happening... i was so disappointed. Luckly Locutus was there and filled me in what was said.. but it's cool that the video is already online. I was disappointed with the info they released.. they didn't really say much at all about anything. But Loc said the Paramount panel was awesome, they had Speliberg and Ford via satalite talking Indy 4. I think he is going to call into the Treksf phone line and left a message about his experience.

Dan M

darthcooley

Think about it Christmas 2008 is only like 17 months away & they don't have a cast locked down? I just want them to make a good movie & not just somthing thrown together.

darthcooley

Quote from: Ktrek on July 26, 2007, 06:17:07 PM

Kevin

Yeah I bet anyone of us on this forum could have put together a better poster

Chief

Thanks for posting the video, Rico!

Kenny,  I think they pretty much have a lot going on behind pulbic eye, so I think JJ Abrahams has some surprises for us. Maybe they already have the cast and I am sure they got the script ready too.

Man I am so excited about this one!

"The Needs Of The Many, Out Weigh The Needs Of The Few, Or The One..."
Mr. Spock

Dan M

Even if they don't have the cast, it's not a big deal.  As long as the actors are signed the day before they're needed on set, it doesn't matter.  You hear all the time about actors being cast days before filming or sometimes after some filming has already gone on.  Didn't Abrams say they weren't filming until November?  It's unfortunate that the production schedule didn't mesh well with the SDCC schedule, but I don't think we should judge the movie's progress just on that.

Plus, just because they didn't announce something at SDCC doesn't mean it's not locked down already.  17 months is a long way away.  Perhaps they're rationing their announcements to maintain and build interest along the way.

Rico

Yep - just hang in there with some patience.  Nimoy said several times the script is solid and a good one and I trust his judgment.  I think all will turn out fine.

Rico

Trekmovie.com seems to of pulled their video of the event already.  The quality isn't the greatest, but I managed to save it before it was gone.  Download it below if you want to view it.....

http://www.treksf.com/video/trekcomiccon_2007.flv

Rico

Another nice pic of the two Spocks from two different eras....