• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Batman (1989-1997)

Started by Captain Jean-Luc Picard, June 28, 2007, 12:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Does anyone here like the BATMAN film series from the 1990's?  It had three good movies and one lame one.

Batman (1989)
A fantastic Tim Burton movie.  Michael Keaton is great as Batman, and Jack Nicholson is creepy as the Joker.  It had everything I expect from a Batman movie. :biggrin

Batman Returns (1992)
The sequel to Batman, better than the original in some aspects, though a lot darker.  The Penguin and Catwoman made great villains.  I also loved the Batmobile's Batmissle feature.  Is this the end of the Batmobile?

Batman Forever (1995)
I wish Tim Burton would have directed this movie.  Instead of Michael Keaton, we now have Val Kilmer.  I would have prefered Keaton to return, but Kilmer does a great job as Batman.  Why do we have a new car when the Batmobile was left intact in the last movie?  Seeing the Batmobile's destruction would have had greater impact if it were Burton's Batmobile rather than a car we saw for half a movie. :blink Tommy Lee Jones was the perfect choice for Two Face, but did he have to play the character so goofy?  Come on...  Jim Carey, ew!  I cannot stand him.  The Ridler should have been played by a more serious actor.  At least we got an introduction to Robin.  Despite these complaints, it is a good movie.  I loved the subplot of Bruce Wayne considering quitting as Batman.

Batman & Robin (1997)
Uh... :blink