• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

The Avengers - Live Action Movie

Started by Geekyfanboy, June 18, 2007, 10:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Jobydrone

Quote from: Rico on March 20, 2012, 02:15:25 PM
Japanese trailer with lots of new footage and scenes.  Don't worry, it's mainly in English.  Really love the feeling this trailer brings out.  Awesome stuff!

Saw a glimpse of Pepper Potts in that trailer!  Glad to know Gwynneth is in this film!  A shame Japan has to wait until August for this.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

X

Rico

Rico

Rico

Poodyglitz

I look at Scarlett and think, "Man, she looks GOOD". But I see them all and realize, "Man, they all look GOOD!"

I can't believe this picture actually got made. This was what I'd hoped for when "The Fantastic Four" was announced years ago.

ChrisMC

Quote from: Darmok on March 28, 2012, 11:17:40 AM
I look at Scarlett and think, "Man, she looks GOOD". But I see them all and realize, "Man, they all look GOOD!"

I can't believe this picture actually got made. This was what I'd hoped for when "The Fantastic Four" was announced years ago.
There's other people in this movie??? They must be those blurs I'm always seeing behind Scarlett.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Jobydrone

isn't there another FF flick coming down the pike sometime in the next few years?  I think I remember hearing about a reboot with new actors.

Rico

Quote from: Jobydrone on March 28, 2012, 04:57:19 PM

isn't there another FF flick coming down the pike sometime in the next few years?  I think I remember hearing about a reboot with new actors.

That was the plan but I don't anything official has been set yet.

Poodyglitz

Quote from: Rico on March 28, 2012, 05:30:56 PM
Quote from: Jobydrone on March 28, 2012, 04:57:19 PM
That was the plan but I don't anything official has been set yet.

I really hope it turns out cool.

Rico

Appaullo

CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE!!!!!
     I used to collect comics very heavily when I was younger (I'm 45 now) and the Avengers, while not always my absolute fav's, always had a special place in my heart.  I am VERY ready for this movie.  Only thing though :

I grew up on Marvel comics.  I like what Robert Downey Jr. has done with the Tony Stark role, and he now *is* Iron Man/Tony Stark - but - he is NOT the Tony Stark I remember from my collecting days.  I always hear people comment that Downey IS Tony Stark.  To which I always ask : Really?!  I did'nt always collect Iron Man.  But I used to have enough of them to be familiar with the character and I must say I do not recall Stark being this eccentric.  Please, if anyone else who collected these books in the 80s/90s remembers differently I'd love to know.  I dont know if its me remembering it wrong or what.

Just to clarify, I LOVE what Downey has done with the role.  To me in the movies he IS Tony Stark.

Appaullo

WillEagle

"We have a HULK." Loved that clip. There is going to be some major smashing going on!!!!!!!!!!!

Rico

Some really terrific new poster art for this movie at the link below with an example.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=88883