• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

The Avengers - Live Action Movie

Started by Geekyfanboy, June 18, 2007, 10:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneSpar

I too would like to see a Justice League!!!!!!  Do the build up right and then make it!!!

ElfManDan

Problem is that would take DC actually getting their act together and figuring out how to intertwine their movies. And get people who can actually make good movies. Problem I see now is Superman Returns and the Green Lantern were not great. And the Batman films though good I just can't see that universe that's based on a realistic reality of high concept technology (and not superpowers or aliens) working with the other DC universes.

Appaullo

Personally I enjoyed "Superman Returns" although I admit it was more of a homage (spelling?) than a real sequal.  I mean it takes place after "Superman II" but it really just hits the notes of the first film and kind of branches off slightly.  But still I liked Routh's portrayal of both Clark and Supes and I thought the special effects were great.  I got chills during the scene where he saves the plane and sets it down in the baseball stadium and the crowd cheers for him.
     Green Lantern ... ehhh ... I did'nt despise it.  Thats about the best I can say of it.
     I do love the Batman films, but I agree with Sheppard, they are too *reality* based for a Justice League film.  Still, one can dream.

Appaullo

Rico

Yeah, I enjoyed "Superman Returns" quite a bit too.  One of the troubles for a JLA film is I think the characters are harder to pull together in a way in just a single film since the team is really so powerful.  But for now, my hopes are with the Avengers.  I've heard if the movie does well, Joss wants to do another one and make it more character centered and a smaller type of film.

X

Quote from: Rico on March 09, 2012, 04:20:49 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed "Superman Returns" quite a bit too.  One of the troubles for a JLA film is I think the characters are harder to pull together in a way in just a single film since the team is really so powerful.  But for now, my hopes are with the Avengers.  I've heard if the movie does well, Joss wants to do another one and make it more character centered and a smaller type of film.
I'm in the enjoyed Returns boat too. I really enjoyed it. It was truly in the spirit of the other films and that's probably why other people didn't like it. It's one thing to remember something as fantastic, but to see it years later and it not have that same feeling kind of colors things.

I think the nostalgia and new were in perfect balance and kept the core of the character together. The acting was also great.

As for a JL movie. I don't see that happening any time soon because of the number of people that would need to get paid to get it out.

Jobydrone

Quote from: X on March 10, 2012, 06:18:48 AM
Quote from: Rico on March 09, 2012, 04:20:49 PM
I'm in the enjoyed Returns boat too. I really enjoyed it. It was truly in the spirit of the other films and that's probably why other people didn't like it. It's one thing to remember something as fantastic, but to see it years later and it not have that same feeling kind of colors things.

I think the nostalgia and new were in perfect balance and kept the core of the character together. The acting was also great.

As for a JL movie. I don't see that happening any time soon because of the number of people that would need to get paid to get it out.
I didn't dislike Returns, just found it lacking.  I think the next Superman film needs to feel like a movie made for 21st century audiences, not like something that could have just as easily been made in 1983.

Can't believe the Avengers film is opening so soon.  They're really marketing the heck out of this...four separate Avengers titles in the comics, Avengers mini series,  plus a huge crossover "Event" title starting next month called Avengers vs. X-Men.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Jobydrone

Just announced:

http://www.amctheatres.com/movie-news/2012/03/amc-theatres-presents-the-ultimate-marvel-marathon

AMC Theatres Presents: THE ULTIMATE MARVEL MARATHON!

Get ready to watch the greatest Marvel movie event ever held at your local AMC Theatre on May 3rd! Experience THE ULTIMATE MARVEL MARATHON with six movies on one epic day. Watch the heroes' stories unfold as they assemble for the midnight premiere of The Avengers 3D!

Here's a list of the six movies being shown at THE ULTIMATE MARVEL MARATHON:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor in 3D
Captain America in 3D
The Avengers in 3D

Limited engagement tickets for both THE AVENGERS and THE ULTIMATE MARVEL MARATHON will go on sale this Sunday night at a select number of AMC Theatres.

The times the tickets will go on sale are as follows:

Eastern Standard Time - 12:01am Sunday night (3/11) / Monday morning (3/12)
Pacific Standard Time - 9:01pm Sunday night (3/11)

Here is a list of the select theatres where you can purchase tickets:

Boston Common 19         Boston, MA

Burbank 16                    Burbank, CA

Downtown Disney 12      Anaheim, CA

Aventura 24                  Aventura, FL

Empire 25                     New York, NY

Garden State 16            Paramus, NJ

Downtown Disney 24     Lake Buena Vista, FL

Metreon 16                   San Francisco, CA

Alderwood 16                Lynnwood, WA

Tysons Corner 16          McLean, VA

Tickets will go on sale for other AMC Theatres on March 16th. The expanded list will also be made available on March 16th.

Don't miss out on the greatest Marvel movie event ever assembled!!

"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Poodyglitz

Quote from: LoneSpar on March 07, 2012, 04:38:50 PM
I too would like to see a Justice League!!!!!!  Do the build up right and then make it!!!

I'd like to see that too, yet have to agree  that it just doesn't seem possible right now. So for now -- Avengers Assemble!

Rico

Rico

Japanese trailer with lots of new footage and scenes.  Don't worry, it's mainly in English.  Really love the feeling this trailer brings out.  Awesome stuff!

http://youtu.be/KrCDmxER-vs

Dangelus

Did I mention

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS MOVIE?!!!! :)

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

WillEagle

That was cool, Rico! I think I may take a personal day from work on may 4th. I don't think I could wait very long to go see this. Can't wait to see  :hulk and  :ironman along with the others on the big screen again!!

X

Poodyglitz

After the "John Carter" fail, Disney is just as eager to release this one, I'm sure.