Heroes - Season Two (Possible Spoliers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, June 14, 2007, 11:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markinro

As T'alc would say - Agreed.

Its like a variation on season 1.   Claire is a cheerleader, Suresh is finding others, paintings are influencing events, HRG man is protecting his family, Hiro is on a mission.   The twists are interesting: Peter, Sylar, Midas man (name?)

I still like the show but I'm nervous about this repetition.

KingIsaacLinksr

Just finished 202 and 203.  Very interesting.  I wished I had watched the first season.  Oh well, maybe Youtube will help.  :)

King LInksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

jedijeff

I thought the last epsiode was pretty good, I like that HRG is getting back to his more exciting ways, and going on interesting missions. Glad to see Peter the Peter story is getting good again, wish he would drop the Girl though. I am like Rico in that there seems to be a lot of stories going, so hopefully some will merge together. I am kind of hoping Hiro finishes his business in Ancient Japan, as would like to see him back in the present, but I am guessing that will be an all season thing :(.

Blackride

I am a little worried about this season. I am hoping that it will start to pick up more.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Geekyfanboy

This is not good news...

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/11/03/strike-may-cause-early-heroes-season-finale/

Strike May Cause Early "Heroes" Season Finale
Posted by Sam on Saturday, 3 Nov 2007

Michael Ausiello from TVGuide.com is reporting that the first sign of the impact from a WGA strike is already being felt by networks.

NBC is preparing for an early season finale of its big SF show "Heroes" citing the strike called for this Monday by the 1200 members of the Guild as the main culprit behind their decision to air the finale earlier than planned.

Michael's sources confirm that the cast and crew have been called back to shoot an alternate ending for the show to air December 3. If the Feds can bring parties back together before 12:01 AM Monday, then this alternate episode will be scrapped and the network's original season finale can be kept on the regular schedule.

We reported earlier in the week that the mid-season filler, "Heroes: Origins" has been put on indefinite hold due to the strike, but that too would be back on the boards if the strike can be averted.

As much as I would like to see this strike issue resolved to everyone's satisfaction, I hold out little hope of any last minute salvation. The two parties involved are so far apart on the DVD payment issue that I don't see any timely solution occuring and expect to see the pickets go up in less than two days.

space_invader64

I think last years heroes was really good from the first to last episodes.  This season is snowballing.  Wasn't so exciting at first  but every episode picks up more snow and I think it will be really good at the end.

jedijeff

After last nights show, things are really starting to pickup. I like how they brought the Kensei/Adam forward into the present. I am happy the ancient Japan story is over, and looking forward to see how Hiro/Adam play out in current time.

Blackride

Finally this weeks episode was good. I felt before this week there were just too many small cute stories going nowhere. I cant wait for next week now.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Darth Gaos

And just when the show is getting good....it's gonna get pulled out from underneath us.  ANd how soon did everyone guess that Kensei was Adam Monroe?
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Rico

I liked this week's episode as well.  Now we can see how things are all starting to fit together.  Really cool how they brought Kensei into the present.  And next week's show looks like a blast - literally!  ;)

Blackride

Quote from: Rico on November 07, 2007, 12:15:40 PM
I liked this week's episode as well.  Now we can see how things are all starting to fit together.  Really cool how they brought Kensei into the present.  And next week's show looks like a blast - literally!  ;)

Next weeks looks cool but they previews are so silly. They make it sound like they are going to give us the answers for everything :)

KingIsaacLinksr

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

NBC.com REALLY needs to fix their video rewind.  It lags so much now due to those dang commericials its not worth the stress.  I'm now watching it on youtube.com because its better. 

/sigh at all but ABC.com.  At least ABC makes a video player that is watchable. 

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

space_invader64

The networks tell us to stay off the pirate sites and watch our shows on their sites; that often don't work.  The pirate sites work!  I always thought the networks should hire the pirates to run the network's websites.

Rico

Geekyfanboy

Kring Talks About "Heroes" Second Season‏

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/11/07/kring-talks-about-heroes-second-season%e2%80%8f/

Written by: Michael Hickerson (SoSF Staff Jorunalist)

It's not been an easy second season for NBC's "Heroes."

After getting some of its best numbers for the season premiere, the ratings for the show have slowly tapered off, falling week after week. (This trend is not limited only to "Heroes" as overall TV ratings are down). Then, the proposed spin-off series was put on the back-burner and potentially cancelled due to the current writers' strike and last week we reported that the show may have an abbreviated second season due to the writers strike.

And then you have the critics and fans who have been using such labels as "sophomore slump" and "disappointment" to talk about the second-year series.

According to TV Guide's Michael Ausiello, the producers have heard these cries and should a second-half of the season happen, they will make some tweaks to the "formula" of the show.

Last week, executive producer Tim Kring offered a blog interview to TV Guide On-Line in which he responded to some of the fan's burning questions about "Heroes."

One question was whether or not fans can expect to see Claude, played by Christopher Eccleston, any time soon.

"We wanted Christopher back this season because he's so integrated into the mythology of our show, not only because he was Peter's mentor but also because of his connection to HRG," says Kring. "But it probably won't work because of his schedule — he's too in demand." Cracks Loeb, "Hopefully we can get him back by Season 7!"

Kring also offered some clarity on the nature of Niki/Jessica's power, saying, "Niki's power is the same as her alternate personality Jessica's: unbelievable strength. They're the same person. Niki discovered her special ability through her split personality, but it was always her ability"

He also stated that Mohinder will not be developing any kind of special abilities. "He's Mr. Science and was conceived to be the one guy in this vortex who does not have special abilities," said Kring.

Finally, Kring addressed one of the bigger criticisms of the second-season–the growing size of the cast.

"Heroes is like a shark — it's got to keep moving," Kring insists. "If this world becomes too insular — if it's only about the ­characters we've gotten used to — then we lose the sense of wonderment that this phenomenon is happening in many places." Loeb reminds us that several of the old favorites — Peter, Claire, Niki, Micah, Matt, Sylar — in essence started over this season "and that required new locales and new characters for them to interact with. And the new powers are fun for the audience to watch." Those who are crabbing about too many newbies "should be patient," Loeb says. "They haven't gotten to the Dec. 3 episode, when we do our big house-cleaning!"

"Heroes" continues its second season Mondays at 9 p.m EST on NBC.