• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Would you mind critiquing our 1st podcast episode?

Started by Jen, February 05, 2007, 11:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyer777

Great second podcast. Battlestar, funny.   Nice review on the Star Trek Experience... great podcast review....

hide your geek.  Oh, man, I laughed and laughed.  That was awesome!

Great interaction, smart, intelligent and very good use of my time.

Congrats, can't wait for more!

Oh, and great music on this cast.

Hi I'm Rick and I'm a geek. 
(they all answer--  Hi Rick!)

Rick M

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Cpt.Serwin

man just listen to both of your podcast I thought the were great keep them coming I need good podcast I have run out of ricos podcasts.

Jen

Thanks guys! I apprecate your comments. If you have any suggestions, let us know. We're tweaking the format as we go. We're actually finishing up our third on Weds. (maybe it will be on our web site this weekend)..Hopefully Angela will have a little more free time, since she's not directing right now. She's acting insteadâ€"apparently that takes less of her podcast editing time.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Hey Geeky Girls .. I really enjoyed your latest podcast. You guys have such great chemistry. My only issue, which I think was brought up already, is that it's in stereo and I hear Jen on the right headphone and Angela on the left.. it's kind of weird... But I can deal with it. Can't wait to hear the third one.. I'm a huge Fantasy lover.

Jen

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on March 12, 2007, 04:43:47 PM
Hey Geeky Girls .. I really enjoyed your latest podcast. You guys have such great chemistry. My only issue, which I think was brought up already, is that it's in stereo and I hear Jen on the right headphone and Angela on the left.. it's kind of weird... But I can deal with it. Can't wait to hear the third one.. I'm a huge Fantasy lover.

I noticed that too. We got feedback about it last time we asked for comments, and I thought we were going to do away with the two different channels. The GeeksOn Podcast uses that technique and I think Angela really likes it. I'm indifferent. If it bothers you guys, let us know and I'll talk to Angela about coverting our casts sterio in the future.

Thanks for the feedback Kenny.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

I listened to your latest show too - loved it.  I think you two continue to make a great team!  Loved the variety of segments you did.  Especially the one about hiding your geek or letting it out.  I've had that situation too during my life, some people are pretty surprised when they come over and see my "geek stuff."  The geek girl of the moment was fun too.  Looking forward to hearing your next one on Ren Faires (which I'm a big fan of).  Keep it up!  And definitely once you get up and rolling make a promo for your show and I'll be happy to play it on my show.

P.S.  I'm kind of with Kenny on the audio channel splitting.  I prefer it all mixed evenly myself - but it's up to you.  I'll listen in any case.

Jen

Thanks Rico. We're actually looking for Trek episodes where the word "Anomaly" is used. The plan is to record a bunch of different characters saying the word and then pasting them together for our promo intro. Yeah, our geek girl of the week next podcast will be our guest host and the subject of our "Renfest" segement. She and Angela are veterans...
Thank you so much for the comments guys.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

Didn't they say anomaly like in every episode of TNG and Voyager too!?!  Hehe...

P.S.  Tell Angela I so WANT to go to the Hilton to the TREK Experience now.  Even to get the inkjet printed pic of me on the bridge!  Maybe this summer - hopefully!

Geekyfanboy

Yeah Angela's ST the experience story brought back such great memories for me. I've gone about six times and it never gets old. And if it's closing then I'm going to have to get back there soon so I can get another few times before it closes. Rico if you go let me know, we can met up.

Jen

I've never been! Ahg...I've lost some geek cred by admitting that fact.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

Not to derail, but I'm very seriously considering going this summer.  Maybe in August when the big TREK con is there.  I'll keep you all posted on that.

jedijeff

Jen, I finally got a chance to listen to both of your Podcasts, and I must say they are fantastic. You and Angela are a good team, and work off of each other very well. I enjoyed the topics you discussed, and was very easy to listen to. I was impressed that you were not rushed in what you said, and as well you two did not ramble on either. You definitely hit a good format right from the start, and produced a very quality podcast. For me, you really do not need to change anything, as it all was really good. I guess the only comment I could make is similar to what Bryan said at the top of this thread about off Mic Audience people, and not hearing them, I guess if they are going to say something, should say it into the Mic. Great Job and looking to hearing your Future Podcasts.

jedijeff

Quote from: Rico on March 12, 2007, 05:45:15 PM
Not to derail, but I'm very seriously considering going this summer.  Maybe in August when the big TREK con is there.  I'll keep you all posted on that.

I would be interested in going to Vegas again as well if others are planning on heading out there. So if there is going to be a Treks in SciFi meetup in Vegas, I am really interested.  So please keep everyone posted.

Sorry to derail as well.

I really liked listening to Angelas experiences at the Star Trek experience, reminded me of my own there, except for the expensive Inkjet Picture, passed on that :), though had a interesting conversation with a Klingon the First time I was there. He was completely in Character, and was spot on with everything he said.

Jen

Quote from: jedijeff on March 13, 2007, 06:39:23 PM
Jen, I finally got a chance to listen to both of your Podcasts, and I must say they are fantastic. You and Angela are a good team, and work off of each other very well. I enjoyed the topics you discussed, and was very easy to listen to. I was impressed that you were not rushed in what you said, and as well you two did not ramble on either. You definitely hit a good format right from the start, and produced a very quality podcast. For me, you really do not need to change anything, as it all was really good. I guess the only comment I could make is similar to what Bryan said at the top of this thread about off Mic Audience people, and not hearing them, I guess if they are going to say something, should say it into the Mic. Great Job and looking to hearing your Future Podcasts.

Thanks Jeff. I appreciate your suggestions and I'm very glad that you liked the podcast. Yeah, I think we're going to phase out the husbands...I've listened to our podcasts several times and I have to say, after listening a million times for issues to work on, the background folks are hard to hear.  :D

I can see why you guys made the point about people off mic. I agree. Done and done. ;)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Darkmolerman

yeah on your second podcast and i am an anomaly (i haven't noticed) no other kids are geeks  :jawdrop well not as much as me :) I  :metallica: i am the only one who addmits it tooo also If Angela needs help on KOTOR i beat it and i am re-beating it
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper