• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Would you mind critiquing our 1st podcast episode?

Started by Jen, February 05, 2007, 11:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

She does need help.  ;D   I've tried to help her myself (I've also beaten it several times), but its hard to explain it to someone if you aren't sitting right next to them while they're playing the game. She's great gamer though...I know she can do it. Besides, its more fun when you can accomplish something without someone helping you the first time around.  :D
FYI, I haven't told her who her character is in the game...I want her to be surprised, so don't say anything to her about it...OK?  ;)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Darkmolerman

Hehe ok I am playing good (evil is fun as well) so since we are almost just posting the same things on differnt threads wanna go to the chat?
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Jen

I'd love to buddy, but where I live (Texas) its 10 pm and past my bedtime. I'll catch you laters OK? Aloha!
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Darkmolerman

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Jen

Hi guys. I'm about finished with our web site's design; scripting Flash elements is taking me a little more time than I wanted. I'd say I have another few days on that, then its getting passed to our programmer for build out. Our feeds will be set up when that's done...Its coming together, albeit slowly. Thanks again Rico for allowing us to post here until its done.

The third installment of our podcast is finished, if you're still interested in listening check it out on our web site. In this episode, we interview our first 'in studio Geek Girl of the Week'. Be warned there's a bit of loud giggling and our guest had to share a mic with Angela. It gets loud at times, and quiet at other times. Angela just ordered two more "guests mics" to help this issue.

The Renfest Segment is PG 13  (in my opinion). If you have some kids in the room, while you're listening, it may not be appropriate at times. The rest of the podcast is benign.

Our Battlestar Segment covers up to "The Son Also Rises". We plan to cover Part I and II of the season finale next Week. Please send us your opinions regarding
Part I, we'd love to read/address your comments on the podcast. Thanks for listening. :)

http://www.anomalypodcast.com/

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Darkmolerman

Woot btw Jen on my Blogger your  podcast is on the links :)

Jen

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Darkmolerman

MrOsterman

Do you have an XML feed yet?  Would love to subscribe to you via iTunes or Zencast.

Oh, and what's with the funky numbering scheme?

Mr. O

Rico

Darkmolerman

Jen

Quote from: MrOsterman on March 23, 2007, 05:38:00 AM
Do you have an XML feed yet?  Would love to subscribe to you via iTunes or Zencast.

Oh, and what's with the funky numbering scheme?

Mr. O

Oh that's an Angela thingâ€"she's implementing the Star Wars Episode naming scheme. That will go away once we've got our feed up. We're building our own site from scratch. The content is currently being written for our subsequent pages. I hope to have the site finished sometime very soon. The site is designed, it just has to be built out and I want that to be finished before I set up a feed. Angela and I both work in advertising...we've been brainwashed to do things from a sales standpoint. We want people to see a polished product if they hear a promo or download our podcast on iTunes and decide to check out our web site to find out who we are.

We're lucky in that I used to be an art director at a web firm...I have programmer friends who are programming the site in trade (my Flash skills for their hosting/programming services). I'm finding out that free stuff takes a little longer.

I'll definitely let you know when our feed is up. Thanks for your willingness to subscribe. I'm glad you like the show. Did you get my email about The Elf And Dwarf promo? We love to play one that uses your intro clips and music. We've got several friends listen to us, who play WOW. I'm sure they'd love to listen to your podcast too.

Angela said she wants to talk to you about your voiceover request (for your teacher's podcast). She said she can do that, no problem, but has a few questions for you.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

jedijeff

Looking forward to seeing your site Jen, Sounds like it is going to be great. The flash has me really intrigued, and I see where you would want it finished before posting the feed, to complete the whole package. A friend and I have been working on a non sci-fi podcast, between that and the setup site, it is a lot of work . Fortuntely for us, he is good at graphics and is a video editor, so all the podcast stuff he handles, and my strengths are in website setup and maintenance, setting up the podcast feed, etc etc..., so works out good for us.

Jen

Quote from: jedijeff on March 23, 2007, 06:55:47 PM
Looking forward to seeing your site Jen, Sounds like it is going to be great. The flash has me really intrigued, and I see where you would want it finished before posting the feed, to complete the whole package. A friend and I have been working on a non sci-fi podcast, between that and the setup site, it is a lot of work . Fortuntely for us, he is good at graphics and is a video editor, so all the podcast stuff he handles, and my strengths are in website setup and maintenance, setting up the podcast feed, etc etc..., so works out good for us.

Ah, you'll have to tell us what you're podcast is about. I'd love to hear it. I subscribe to alot of non-sci-fi podcasts.

Our site is a hybrid site (flash/html). We're using Flash components like a XML MP3 player, animated buttons, as well as flash photo galleries. The over all design looks nothing like what we currently have up right now...the logo is the same but that's it.

What's your podcast called Jeff?
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Darkmolerman

I just like the podcast...I also hope the Website ROCKS!