• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Would you mind critiquing our 1st podcast episode?

Started by Jen, February 05, 2007, 11:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

No kidding! And everyone is a drinker, there's nothing wrong with having some characters that deal that way, but you'd think there'd be a couple of folks who would do something else to wind down... like, I don't know...Ti Chi or Yoga or something?  :D
I kid...I kid.  ;)

Yeah, where are they getting the ingredients for their brew?
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

MrOsterman

Quote from: Jen on February 06, 2007, 05:51:54 PM
No kidding! And everyone is a drinker, there's nothing wrong with having some characters that deal that way, but you'd think there'd be a couple of folks who would do something else to wind down... like, I don't know...Ti Chi or Yoga or something?  :D
I kid...I kid.  ;)

Yeah, where are they getting the ingredients for their brew?

Well they tried a boxing ring.. look how that turned out....

Also I think that alcohol is rather ingredient effiecent... as in the grain allowed to fermet goes a lot further when it's watered down and such...

*shrug*

I think this has GOTTA be coming up as a future issue though... the fact that the fleet is getting stir crazy again...

Mr. O

Jen

Yeah, they just need to go kick some Cylon backside...that'll make them all feel better.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

PepperDude

I just finished listening to your show and I liked it a lot.  You two are having fun and that matters a lot to me as a listener because it's kinda' contagious.  If you're having fun then you must be talking about something that I will most likely enjoy.

I agree with Rico that the name for the podcast is really good.  :metallica: 

The little distractions with your husbands actually works nicely; again, you're having fun and that's good.  It wouldn't have worked if the distractions had happened every 2 or 3 minutes.

About the booze situation in Galactica:  I haven't done research but if you think about it, most societies in the world--no matter how poor--always find some way to produce obtainable amounts of mind altering substances whether it's alcohol or some other narcotic.  I suppose the same phenomenon happens in space. . .     :-\

Rico

The difference in space is you can't grow things easily or have plentiful water - I would think.  Maybe the water would even be more of an issue than the grain.  Again - sorry for the digression.

Jen & Angela - do you know when you might be doing your next podcast yet?

MrOsterman

Quote from: Rico on February 07, 2007, 04:29:30 AM
The difference in space is you can't grow things easily or have plentiful water - I would think.  Maybe the water would even be more of an issue than the grain.  Again - sorry for the digression.

Well... the human body really only "uses" a small amount of water.  A lot of that can be recycled down to "distilled" water, though minerals will be in short supply soon....

Oh, did I miss the feed for this?  I got the MP3 fine, but I was curious if you had a feed set up yet.

Mr. O

Jen

Quote from: Rico on February 07, 2007, 04:29:30 AM

No problem Rico. Good question...eventually we would like to do one once a week, but right now we'll have to stick with one every other week. Mostly because Angela is directing a play so she's been very busy with rehersals. She usually pops on the forums a few minutes before she turns in for the night...but other than that she eats, sleeps and dreams the play she's working on.
We don't have a feed yet. In between my full-time job and my freelance work, I'm working on our logo and our web site design. Shoosh...Didn't know podcasting was going to be soooo much work (but its also fun).  Apparently those two things are needed to be apart of the Star Wars Fanworks network. I think we're just going to keep plugging them on Angela's husband's site until everything's ready to go. Feeds are the best way to go...and we're hoping to submit our podcast to iTunes soon. Do you guys now how long it usually takes iTunes to accept a podcast?
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

moyer777

our podcast was accepted within a day and we were up and running in a matter of three days.  It was cool.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

MrOsterman

Quote from: moyer777 on February 08, 2007, 12:02:57 AM
our podcast was accepted within a day and we were up and running in a matter of three days.  It was cool.

Same here.. I'd say 3 days and now "warcraft" will bring us up as the Dead Last Podcast on the list.

I guess that's good.....

Mr. O

Jen

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Finally, the temporary web site is up and our second podcast is available for download. Its old...The Battlestar Comments are three shows ago. But the rest might be of interest. Let us know what you think...we took alot of your advice. Were still waiting on our theme music. Our web site is still in the "build out" phase...but as soon as its up we'll be setting up an iTunes feed.  :wacko

http://www.anomalypodcast.com/
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

I like the logo Jen, downloading the show now.

Jen

Quote from: Rico on March 11, 2007, 01:16:17 PM
I like the logo Jen, downloading the show now.

Thanks, I as trying to come up with an image that illustrated the term "Anomaly" by focusing on the merging of sci-fi and female fans...I hope my design makes sense.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Darkmolerman

you on I-tunes Jen if not go to Gcast free service :)
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Jen

We're working on finishing our web site so we can incorporate a iTunes feed...but I'll check out Gcast too Captain Cavity  ;)  :D
Thanks for the suggestion Darkmolerman.  :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast