So, what do we all do for a living?!

Started by Bryancd, November 06, 2006, 11:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

It may not look as cool but in my uninformed opinion, anything that will help us get humans out of low earth orbit has my stamp of approval.

Darrell

Darrell

Oh no!  The thread!  I've killed it.  ;)

celestialteapot

I'm an electrician working in a West End theatre. In the evenings I operate the lighting console for the show, it looks a bit like something out of the Star Trek (TOS) so there are times when I can put on my various Star Trek t-shirts and pretend I'm on a starship.... not very often of course!
This question has baffled mankind for all eternity... why don't sheep shrink in the rain?

Feathers

Quote from: celestialteapot on September 16, 2008, 05:58:03 AM
I'm an electrician working in a West End theatre. In the evenings I operate the lighting console for the show, it looks a bit like something out of the Star Trek (TOS) so there are times when I can put on my various Star Trek t-shirts and pretend I'm on a starship.... not very often of course!
Sounds fun!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Meds

Quote from: celestialteapot on September 16, 2008, 05:58:03 AM

You need a Treks in Sci Fi T-Shirt.

celestialteapot

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on September 16, 2008, 10:21:47 AM
You need a Treks in Sci Fi T-Shirt.

there's a t-shirt? Oooh...
This question has baffled mankind for all eternity... why don't sheep shrink in the rain?

Data

can you still get a treks in sci fi t-shirt if so id love one
"Commander. You just sit tight. We'll have this all fixed up in time for supper. "

Meds

PM Rico to see if he has any T-Shirts left. You'll have to let him know your size.

Mr. Movie

I work at Menards.   Nothing too fancy. I would like to open a small video rental place. I think working in a Video Store wwould be cool.
To Boldly go where no one has gone B4?
The Robot who replaced DATA?

spaltor

Trying to revive a long-dead thread...

The short answer - ticketing and arts admin.  I had all these thoughts of becoming an astronomer, and then physics kicked my butt in college.  So I got my degree in mathematical chaos theory and started working in theatres.  It makes complete sense.  After college, I almost became a professional tap dancer, but just missed the cut.  For three years I worked selling house seats & group tickets, plus a little marketing, for THE ballet company in NYC.  Now I work selling discount tickets for Broadway and Off-Broadway productions.  In my volunteer life, I'm the "Business Manager" of my high school's theater alumni association, which we just started this year.  Filing for that non-profit status with the government is no easy.  Seems I just can't get away from arts admin.

My dream job?  I don't really know.  I have so much interest in so many different things.  But I have learned that I'm not a fan of answering phones and having to deal with other people's problem, usually cause by the fact that those people don't read or understand what they're doing most of the time.  For a while, I thought I could be a baseball writer.  Or a forensic scientist.  Sometimes I say that I'd love a mindless job that carried no responsibility.  But, really, I'd love to be able to make a living blogging.  But I don't have the attention span.

Rico

Sounds like a very varied background and many interests.  Nice to have you with us.

Ronzo

I was born over four hundred years in the Highlands of Scotland, I am Duncan McClown. Ooops sory, one of my many Walter Mitty day dreams.

I am a clown. A real balloon twisting, magic performing, juggling, and childrens entertaining clown.  I have been performing since the age of thirteen,  I am now forty-nine and have been performing full time for over eleven years.
My dream job was to be an astronaut, and my teachers in school agreed with my choice, because they said I was, "Taking up space in class. "
However I showed them by skipping a grade in class. I went from the fourth grade to the second grade. But I digress, becoming an astronaut was never to be. I was too short, flat footed and have poor eyesight.
No worry, my first love "SCIFI" (take that SYFY Channel) takes me into space anytime I want.

RONZO ;D

Check out my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/ronzotheclown

SPOCKFAN

Civil Designer in Baltimore maryland area

ChadH

I'm a parts salesman for a local over-the-road truck dealership. It's a very fast-paced, detail-oriented job. I'm constantly taking orders over the phone and handling customers at our sales counter, which is why sometimes my posts will seem a bit disjointed. (I've had to stop and come back to this post three times so far :-[) Although it's often demanding and at times extremely frustrating, I try to keep a positive attitude about it. I'm luckier than many other people.
I'm also currently a student at two of our local community colleges. I'm working on a two year bachelor of science degree in chemistry. It seems like it's taking forever to accomplish, but i'm glad that I have the opportunity to do it and that I have the support of my girlfriend Carrie. Again,- I'm luckier than many.