• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

So, what do we all do for a living?!

Started by Bryancd, November 06, 2006, 11:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie epsilon

I may have posted this in my introduction, but here goes:

I'm an IT Professional for a financial research organization. They have a large staff of financial analysts, programmers, and database guys that help the publishing team push out financial advisory information for our subscribers. Our clients include everything from small hedge fund managers to financial advisers for companies like Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, and banks all over the world.

I'm not so great on the financial stuff, but I'm responsible for helping to keep the technology infrastructure running. We're a smaller company that was recently bought by a larger European company with a similar focus. It's probably the best job I've ever had. Good money, great working environment, and a very high caliber of people that help keep me motivated to be the best.

Before I got into IT 8 years ago, I did pretty much everything. Private Security, Retail Management, Health Care, Manufacturing, Automotive Maintenance, Sales. I was a late bloomer. It took me quite awhile to figure out what I wanted to do.

Rico

Thanks for the info Chuck.  But I think you left out superspy - Chuck.  ;)

Bryancd

Quote from: charlie epsilon on July 05, 2013, 08:32:01 PM

I'm an IT Professional for a financial research organization. They have a large staff of financial analysts, programmers, and database guys that help the publishing team push out financial advisory information for our subscribers. Our clients include everything from small hedge fund managers to financial advisers for companies like Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, and banks all over the world.

I'm not so great on the financial stuff, but I'm responsible for helping to keep the technology infrastructure running. We're a smaller company that was recently bought by a larger European company with a similar focus. It's probably the best job I've ever had. Good money, great working environment, and a very high caliber of people that help keep me motivated to be the best.

Before I got into IT 8 years ago, I did pretty much everything. Private Security, Retail Management, Health Care, Manufacturing, Automotive Maintenance, Sales. I was a late bloomer. It took me quite awhile to figure out what I wanted to do.

Hey Chuck, I am a V.P. of Investments at Wells Fargo Advisors!

charlie epsilon

Quote from: Rico on July 06, 2013, 06:10:15 AM
Thanks for the info Chuck.  But I think you left out superspy - Chuck.  ;)

Shhhh.. ;)

charlie epsilon

Quote from: Bryancd on July 06, 2013, 09:44:52 AM
Quote from: charlie epsilon on July 05, 2013, 08:32:01 PM

Hey Chuck, I am a V.P. of Investments at Wells Fargo Advisors!

Awesome, you may be one of our clients.