News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

iPhone 5S/6?

Started by KingIsaacLinksr, April 04, 2013, 12:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Quote from: Meds on September 26, 2014, 01:25:05 PM
Just do not sit on them lol, bendy phones ;)

I've never understood people putting a high end phone in their back pocket. Do they never sit down? I always keep my phone in my front pocket.

ChrisMC

Or people with high-end phones that don't immediately get a protective case. It's just sillyness. A good Otter box will sort that out.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bromptonboy

I always get a belt case - I hate keeping a phone in my pocket.
Pete

Jobydrone

Problem with the otter box is that it turns your sleek thin future tech into a giant brick. Get Apple Care and don't worry.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

So I went to the SAME Store and got a different person.  This time I was told I can keep my grandfathered plan, and that if I wanted to go for the 2 year contract, I can just shell out for the subsidized price for each phone, and my plans wouldn't change at all.
The AT&T website won't allow me to keep my data plan when I try there.
They hope to get a shipment of phones this week - so I will try to pull the trigger then if I can get one.
Pete

Ktrek

Quote from: Bromptonboy on October 06, 2014, 03:28:40 PM
So I went to the SAME Store and got a different person.  This time I was told I can keep my grandfathered plan, and that if I wanted to go for the 2 year contract, I can just shell out for the subsidized price for each phone, and my plans wouldn't change at all.
The AT&T website won't allow me to keep my data plan when I try there.
They hope to get a shipment of phones this week - so I will try to pull the trigger then if I can get one.

If it's with AT&T you likely will be paying an additional $25.00 a month and a one time "upgrade" fee of $36.00, plus the $199.00 subsidy price the day of contract. You better check carefully because that is the experience of most of our customers. If you're thinking you can get away with just the $199 I think that's unlikely.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Bromptonboy

I don't mind paying the dues up front, and I know they will milk out fees.  I am braced for a bait and switch when I go in.  :)

I am planning on the 6 Plus - since I saw a friend at work use it to connect to a VDI at work over LTE (something we couldnt do before).  The extra screen real estate will make my life easier if I can remote into work to fix problems.
Pete

Jobydrone

The Sprint deal which offers a "free" phone upon switching looked appealing at first, because the unlimited talk/text/data is so much cheaper than what I am paying now with AT&T and you get a new phone of your choosing at no cost at the beginning of your contract.  But doing the math, over the life of the contract you pay a monthly charge for the phone itself, on top of the contract charges, and wind up paying MORE than the unsubsidized cost of the phone over two years.  Not a bargain.  Not to mention their LTE network has the worst rating of all the major carriers, with terrible download speeds and coverage.  Don't be fooled.

Edit to add:  This Sprint deal is a very similar program to "AT&T Next" which also get you to pay monthly installments for the cost of the phone on top of your existing monthly charges if you choose to keep the grandfathered plan, but allows you to upgrade after 18 months.   

I need to have my head examined...my iPhone 5 works fine, and I have an iPad, no need for a 6 Plus.  Somebody stop me!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Jobydrone

Quote from: Bromptonboy on October 07, 2014, 08:14:44 AM
I don't mind paying the dues up front, and I know they will milk out fees.  I am braced for a bait and switch when I go in.  :)

I am planning on the 6 Plus - since I saw a friend at work use it to connect to a VDI at work over LTE (something we couldnt do before).  The extra screen real estate will make my life easier if I can remote into work to fix problems.
Let me know when they get some, I am still looking for a 6 Plus as well.  The Apple Store lady I talked to said they sell out there about an hour after their shipments come in.

Jobydrone

Quote from: Bromptonboy on October 07, 2014, 08:14:44 AM

I just saw that they have 64GB plusses at the Aple store in Marlton NJ if you feel like a little drive.

Jobydrone

Quote from: Bromptonboy on September 26, 2014, 01:41:56 PM
Sounds good!  I wonder what kind of a trade in - if any - I will get for 2 iPhone 4 - one 8GB the other 32 GB
With ATT buyback, you can dial **(star,star)ATTBB and they will text you the amount you can get through the program for youfr current phone.  My iPhone 5 64 gig is worth $200 bucks still, pretty darn good for a 2 year old phone.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Jobydrone on October 07, 2014, 09:11:03 AM
Quote from: Bromptonboy on September 26, 2014, 01:41:56 PM
Sounds good!  I wonder what kind of a trade in - if any - I will get for 2 iPhone 4 - one 8GB the other 32 GB
With ATT buyback, you can dial **(star,star)ATTBB and they will text you the amount you can get through the program for youfr current phone.  My iPhone 5 64 gig is worth $200 bucks still, pretty darn good for a 2 year old phone.
That is a good deal on your older phone!  Really offsets the bite of buying a new one.  The store I was talking to is in Warrington, PA.  The girl there told me if I special order one, it will not come to xmas..  :(  So I am hoping to get one in the next shipment.

I'll post here if they get some today.
Pete

Bromptonboy

I couldn't get to marlton until the weekend.  Good chinese place there - or used to be there!
:)
Pete

moyer777

I'm patiently waiting for ours to arrive!    Ugh!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

MARKO

I canceled my order for the Plus and purchased a 64gb 6.... i am very active ride a bike everyday hike and so forth the 6 plus is just too big for my active lifestyle.

Marko
"Amat Victoria Curam"