• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

iPhone 5S/6?

Started by KingIsaacLinksr, April 04, 2013, 12:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

I'll do that.  $150 or so a month I can swallow.
Pete

Jobydrone

So bizarre how everyone seems to pay different amounts for the same thing when it comes to stuff like cable, phones, internet service  etc.  My wife and I have iPhone 5, unlimited talk/text/data and pay $170 a month.  It's a lot and I wouldn't like to have to pay more...but it's inevitable as my oldest child is now ten and will soon be begging for her own phone.  At least it's still a couple years off before I have to think about giving in to that.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

Yeah, same deal here.  13 year old daughter, and 12 year old son - doing after school sports, and 'the only kids without phones'....
Pete

MARKO

Jobv i concur.... i have friends who have cable with more channels then me and pay like $90 a month and i pay $170 WTF..... you just have to keep calling them back until you get the right person on the phone.
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Bromptonboy

Maybe I will try another store in a few weeks, once things cool down.
Pete

Jobydrone

I just wish it all was simpler.  One price, no negotiating, no BS. It's purposefully obtuse in order to take advantage of people, especially those who are more conscious of the cost of things (usually because they are struggling financially).  So they give some folks an incremental savings to suck them in then nail them with charges some other way.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

A lot of it has to do with different carriers. Lots of competition in the phone area right now so they try to cut you a great deal and then raise rates later. It's both a good and bad thing. Best thing is to shop around

moyer777

we have five lines, 2 gigs each except for me, I have unlimited, but as soon as I get the iPhone 6 plus they will take away the unlimited.  I pay $325 a month!  And that is the best I can do around here... I have talked, talked, talked and talked more... but no breaks.  We have Verizon, and they are the only 4G folks with decent coverage here on the West Coast of Washington.  I am now only $110 away from ordering this bad boy...  went into Walmart and would have just bought it, but they didn't get ANY in at all.  Aberdeen.... fun.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

MARKO

Rick... my 6Plus won't be delivered until Oct 31st , but they had a sample at my local Verizon store and i was able to hold it. Its not that crazy big just a little taller then my wife's Galaxy S4.
"Amat Victoria Curam"

moyer777

I went ahead and got two iPhone 6plus phones pre-ordered today!  One for Amy, it is the gold 64 gig, and one for me, the silver 128 gig.  Verizon offered a GREAT deal.  They gave me $200 for my iPhone 4s and another $200 for the Iphone 5.  SO right there the price went down, that and with the money I saved up I got mine, then... I'm doing some extra voice overs to cover Amy's ... I'll get mine a day after my birthday on the 27th of October, and Amy will get hers on November 3rd, a day after her birthday...  kind of excited. 

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

COOL!  Those are BIG phones!

Meds

Just do not sit on them lol, bendy phones ;)

Bromptonboy

Sounds good!  I wonder what kind of a trade in - if any - I will get for 2 iPhone 4 - one 8GB the other 32 GB
Pete

MARKO

I phone 4 8gb on Gazelle in excellent condition is $20 32gb is $30 ..... i keep my old iPhone as iPODS! not much value on the old 4's
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Bromptonboy

Thanks!  Good idea, the kids can use them.
Pete