• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Started by Rico, November 10, 2012, 05:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedijeff

I think this will be cool, I have to admit I have been a fan of a lot of what JJ has done. I look at what he did with Super 8, and the feeling he got out of that movie, and working with Spielberg, and how it felt like a Spielberg movie, but also had JJ's touches in it. So I feel confident that he can capture the Star Wars feel we are all hoping for. I like that they already have a writer for this, as much as a fan of JJ's I am, I would like it he left all his crew (Orci, Kurtzman, Lindelof, Burke, etc...) on the sidelines. I suspect he will do a lot of Collaboration with George. Like Bryan said, he might be able to get the best out of others that George might not have been able to.

WillEagle

JJ doing Star Wars too?? I think he will do a good job. And it can't be a reboot if they are calling it Episode VII. As far as the next Trek maybe it will be directed by Zachary Quinto.  :)

Meds

It's all rumours. Nothing concrete, in fact it was only last week Zack Snyder was in charge.

Bryancd

Quote from: Meds on January 25, 2013, 03:30:45 AM
It's all rumours. Nothing concrete, in fact it was only last week Zack Snyder was in charge.

I don't know, Meds, this is everywhere, even in Variety.

Ktrek

I was kind of surprised by this news because it was what? only a little more than a month ago Abrams said...

Quote"[T]here were the very early conversations and I quickly said that because of my loyalty to 'Star Trek,' and also just being a fan, I wouldn't even want to be involved in the next version of those things," Abrams said to Empire (via Coming Soon). "I declined any involvement very early on. I'd rather be in the audience not knowing what was coming, rather than being involved in the minutiae of making them."

So I guess his loyalty to Star Trek isn't too strong when the price is right!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Meds

Quote from: Bryancd on January 25, 2013, 04:46:41 AM

I don't know, Meds, this is everywhere, even in Variety.

Hmm thanks for that Bry, just nipped over to have a look. This section looks interesting.

"While neither Disney, Lucasfilm nor his reps at CAA officially announced the deal, news of which was first posted Thursday on The Wrap, insiders at the companies, and Abrams' production shingle Bad Robot, confirmed that his involvement was a "done deal."

You know if this is true (and lets wait till we get a fully endorsed announcement) I for one will be very excited about it.  He is a director who clearly loves the genre and we need someone with a good vision.

Bryancd

It's odd to consider that the same person making STAR TREK will also be making STAR WARS, assuming JJ makes at anothe TREK movie. I always sort of thought he would at least make 3, kind of like a triloogy, and then move on.

Rico

Ahh, it all becomes clear now.  This picture is from back around the time of the first JJ Trek film.  I can hear it now...

GL - "You know, I'm just not up for doing another Star Wars trilogy."

JJ - "Hey George - I understand man.  You know, maybe you should consider selling it off?" <JJ slowly waves hand>

GL - "Maybe I should consider selling it off." 

JJ - "Yeah, maybe to some place like Disney."  <more hand gestures>

GL - "Disney might be a good place."

JJ - "Right!  And I can direct all the franchises that begin with the word, Star." <gestures again>

GL - "You can direct it too, JJ!"

:roflmao

Bryancd

ChrisMC

Quote from: Bryancd on January 25, 2013, 07:57:53 AM
It's odd to consider that the same person making STAR TREK will also be making STAR WARS, assuming JJ makes at anothe TREK movie. I always sort of thought he would at least make 3, kind of like a triloogy, and then move on.
I highly doubt he will do a 3rd Trek.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Jobydrone

I was surprised he did the second one!  Happy, but surprised.  I wonder if he'll sign on for 7,8, & 9 or play it by ear...I wonder if Disney would be willing to lock anyone in for all three movies right away considering how huge this trilogy is going to be.  God I can't wait...this is going to be amazing.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bryancd

Quote from: Chris-El on January 25, 2013, 03:47:55 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on January 25, 2013, 07:57:53 AM
I highly doubt he will do a 3rd Trek.

Clearly. His dance card is pretty filled, is he the only director in Hollywood capable of doing anything?

ChrisMC

Seems like Affleck is getting hot these days.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/