Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Podcast # 874 is now up covering recent movies & TV

collapse

* Star Trek Daily Pic

click to see larger

* Recent Pics

tsf8760.png
Posted by: Rico
tsf8750.png
tsf8740.png
tsf8730.png
tsf8720.png

* Facebook Group

click to see group on Facebook

* Paypal Donations

Donate via Paypal
Subscribe via Paypal

* Links & Info

Treks in Sci-Fi

Attic of my Mind

Job for a Hero

Voicemail: (641) 715-3900 ext: 472366

Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens  (Read 271478 times)

Offline jedijeff

• Fleet Admiral
  • That's no moon. It's a space station.
    • What is on Jeffs' Mind
    • Email
Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
« Reply #330 on: January 10, 2016, 07:38:21 AM »
Just a few more thoughts regarding the Force Awakens.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Rico

• Star Trek Lives
  • Administrator
  • Ruler of the Universe
  • Geeks Rule!
    • TREKS in SCI-FI
    • Email
« Reply #331 on: January 10, 2016, 11:48:25 AM »
Good stuff Jeff and interesting theories.  Lots of stuff to think about and consider before Ep. VIII in May of 2017.

Offline jedijeff

• Fleet Admiral
    • What is on Jeffs' Mind
    • Email
« Reply #332 on: January 10, 2016, 04:48:48 PM »
Good stuff Jeff and interesting theories.  Lots of stuff to think about and consider before Ep. VIII in May of 2017.

Yeah there certainly is. I really need to read the novelization as well. Went and saw the movie again today with my Wife and Niece. The last two viewings were in non 3D, and even though I like 3D, I do find the standard movies seem easier for me to follow, as I am not as distracted as much.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 06:34:17 PM by jedijeff »

Offline jedijeff

• Fleet Admiral
    • What is on Jeffs' Mind
    • Email
« Reply #333 on: January 11, 2016, 09:40:28 AM »
One more thought based off my previous thought, that I later felt was incorrect

(click to show/hide)

Offline turtlesrock

• Fleet Admiral
  • The human adventure is just beginning
    • Email
« Reply #334 on: February 10, 2016, 08:41:03 PM »
I just saw it for the second time! The first time around it was struggling to keep all the characters straight. The second time went much more smoothly. Anyone who is still debating whether to watch it twice or not, I highly recommend it!

Offline WillEagle

• Fleet Admiral
  • The wife, me and The Mr. Shatner!
« Reply #335 on: February 17, 2016, 01:50:12 PM »
I wanted to see it again but never got too. At this point I'll probably just wait for the blu ray.

Offline WillEagle

• Fleet Admiral
« Reply #336 on: March 10, 2016, 09:31:08 AM »
Most of you may not know this but Disney is releasing Star Wars: The Force Awakens for me on my birthday!!! April 5 is the day! Thank you Disney for a great birthday present.

Kidding aside it is being released on April 5 and so far I have seen a few covers and the Steelbook which I didn't care for the cover on it. I believe that is a BestBuy only release. Also there is a cover of BB8 and the standard movie poster version. Of course some of these may not be final but they are on the websites with those covers. Trish really liked the BB8 but I think I want the regular cover. It is my birthday so I should get to pick! So I'll probably pick the BB8 one. lol When it comes down to it I just want to watch the movie again so I really don't care that much what the cover is!
 May The Force Be With You.

Offline jedijeff

• Fleet Admiral
    • What is on Jeffs' Mind
    • Email
« Reply #337 on: March 12, 2016, 07:28:09 AM »
I think I am leaning towards the Bestbuy version as well, since we don't have Target in Canada anymore. The Disney Store has an exclusive with Lithographs, I will have to go to one of our local ones to see if I could preorder it there, so if I can, I might go with that then.

Offline X

• No matter where you go, there you are.
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Never give up. Never surrender.
    • Email
« Reply #338 on: March 12, 2016, 08:39:38 AM »
I bought mine on digital the day the movie was released. I'm just waiting until the first to download it.

Offline WillEagle

• Fleet Admiral
« Reply #339 on: March 12, 2016, 07:42:20 PM »
I think I am leaning towards the Bestbuy version as well, since we don't have Target in Canada anymore. The Disney Store has an exclusive with Lithographs, I will have to go to one of our local ones to see if I could preorder it there, so if I can, I might go with that then.
I don't think there is a Disney Store even in Columbus. I will have to look it up. Getting the exclusive would be cool.

I bought mine on digital the day the movie was released. I'm just waiting until the first to download it.
The sooner the better but I'll wait for a Blu-ray that should have the digital with it. So X you will probably watch it 12 times before I get to see it again!

Offline WillEagle

• Fleet Admiral
« Reply #340 on: April 05, 2016, 01:17:36 PM »
Trish did bring this home for me on my birthday!! She got me the Steelbook version from BestBuy!! Guess what I'm watching tonight!!

Offline Rico

• Star Trek Lives
  • Administrator
  • Ruler of the Universe
  • Geeks Rule!
    • TREKS in SCI-FI
    • Email
« Reply #341 on: April 06, 2016, 03:43:48 PM »
Trish did bring this home for me on my birthday!! She got me the Steelbook version from BestBuy!! Guess what I'm watching tonight!!

I got the Steelbook too because I like the packaging.  Going to get the Target one too.

Offline jedijeff

• Fleet Admiral
    • What is on Jeffs' Mind
    • Email
« Reply #342 on: April 06, 2016, 05:20:39 PM »
I got the Walmart Version with the BB-8 Cover. I was thinking of the Steelbook version, but I needed to get some groceries as well, and did not want to make two stops. As well, I was worried if I got the Steelbook version, it might open the door to me wanting to get more of them... So I felt maybe best to steer myself away from it.

I watched the Movie last night, plus a majority of the Bonus features. The deleted scenes were ok, I thought the X-Wings taking off were cool, so not sure why that got the cut, as it was just a short little scene. The Snow Chase was cool as well, though must have got cut early on, as it looked like it needed some more work on the effects. Kylo in the Falcon was cool as well, but I can see why they dropped that, as it might have lessened the scene with Kylo and Han later.

I am getting the feeling this will not be the last release of this movie I will be buying.

Offline WillEagle

• Fleet Admiral
« Reply #343 on: April 07, 2016, 06:59:06 PM »
I got the Walmart Version with the BB-8 Cover. I was thinking of the Steelbook version, but I needed to get some groceries as well, and did not want to make two stops. As well, I was worried if I got the Steelbook version, it might open the door to me wanting to get more of them... So I felt maybe best to steer myself away from it.

I watched the Movie last night, plus a majority of the Bonus features. The deleted scenes were ok, I thought the X-Wings taking off were cool, so not sure why that got the cut, as it was just a short little scene. The Snow Chase was cool as well, though must have got cut early on, as it looked like it needed some more work on the effects. Kylo in the Falcon was cool as well, but I can see why they dropped that, as it might have lessened the scene with Kylo and Han later.

I am getting the feeling this will not be the last release of this movie I will be buying.

I know what you mean, jedijeff and Rico. That Target one looks cool.

Enterprise © Bloc