• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Abrams next TV show - "Revolution"

Started by Rico, May 09, 2012, 03:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Yeah, I'm giving it one more episode for me.  It's not terrible, but I don't want to add a show to my list if I can easily take it or leave it.

QuadShot

Quote from: Rico on October 03, 2012, 02:31:29 PM
Yeah, I'm giving it one more episode for me.  It's not terrible, but I don't want to add a show to my list if I can easily take it or leave it.

I enjoy Revolution but I can see where you're coming from. That's how I feel about Breaking Bad. Not a horrible show, just not all that interesting.

Rico

Quote from: QuadShot on October 03, 2012, 03:43:26 PM

I enjoy Revolution but I can see where you're coming from. That's how I feel about Breaking Bad. Not a horrible show, just not all that interesting.

"Breaking Bad" not interesting?!?!?!?!?!  What?!?!?!?  How much have you watched of it?

Bryancd

Quote from: QuadShot on October 03, 2012, 03:43:26 PM

:shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked

X

yeah, breaking bad does -3.141 for me.

QuadShot

Rico, I've watched several episodes, enough to know that it's just not "my cup of tea". Kind of don't like the premise of the show: high school teacher with a terminal illness making and selling drugs. I like Bryan Cranston, think he's a great actor, but I just don't find this show entertaining.

Rico

That's cool, I can get that even if I find "Breaking Bad" riveting tv and has outstanding performances.  Similar to how I feel about "Dexter."  As far as "Revolution" it's more about the characters for me than just the plot device.  I just don't care for most of them.  So, as they say different strokes for different folks.  :)

QuadShot

Rico, yep. Agreed. And the odd thing is that I LOVE Dexter! Maybe I'm a little hypocritical when it comes to my crime acceptance :)

WillEagle

Quote from: Rico on October 04, 2012, 05:43:21 AM
That's cool, I can get that even if I find "Breaking Bad" riveting tv and has outstanding performances.  Similar to how I feel about "Dexter."  As far as "Revolution" it's more about the characters for me than just the plot device.  I just don't care for most of them.  So, as they say different strokes for different folks.  :)
Rico, you gotta like the dude in the AC/DC t-shirt!  ;D

QuadShot

Quote from: WillEagle on October 04, 2012, 10:53:44 AM
Yeah, he reminds me a bit of Steve Wozniak!

Rico

I do kind of like him, but like Hurley on "Lost", where is that guy getting all the calories to eat??

QuadShot

Quote from: Rico on October 04, 2012, 03:15:35 PM

I do kind of like him, but like Hurley on "Lost", where is that guy getting all the calories to eat??

Well, have you SEEN many small children on the show??? :)

ChrisMC

Al. Al. I....just don't know what to say. I can't imagine anyone not like Breaking Bad. My heart breaks for you. ;)

I liked the little nod to the Stand at the beginning of the episode when Miles refers to them as Stuart Redmond and Fanny. I'm sorta liking this show but I can see how others may not have the patience.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

X

There is a farm there, raising chickens are pretty fast and easy. Fry them up and boom. Major calories. It doesn't seem like there is a food shortage or like there were not heavy set people in the agriculture era

QuadShot

Quote from: X on October 04, 2012, 04:17:14 PM

There is a farm there, raising chickens are pretty fast and easy. Fry them up and boom. Major calories. It doesn't seem like there is a food shortage or like there were not heavy set people in the agriculture era

X, you do raise an excellent point, and one that I have been bringing up when a lot of folks I know say how unbelievable the show is because of the "overweight" guy. Lack of electricity in NO way means, lack of food. Just lack of PROCESSED food. I see no reason why someone couldn't be chubby even in the Revolution world. You're right: farming, raising livestock, they do have trade centers, we saw them.