• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Abrams next TV show - "Revolution"

Started by Rico, May 09, 2012, 03:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Looks like JJ Abrams has another genre TV series sold to NBC for next fall.  Sound pretty cool!

Multiple Hollywood trades are reporting that NBC has picked up Revolution from Warner Bros. Television and JJ Abrams Bad Robot. Abrams and Eric Kripke (Supernatural) will executive produce along with Abrams' Bad Robot partner (and fellow Star Trek producer) Bryan Burk. The pilot was written by Kripke and directed by Iron Man's Jon Favreau. Here is a description:

"In this epic adventure thriller, a family struggles to reunite in a post-apocalyptic American landscape: a world of empty cities, local militias and heroic freedom fighters, where every single piece of technology — computers, planes, cars, phones, even lights — has mysteriously blacked out ... forever."

The cast includes Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad) and Billy Burke (Twilight). NBC has also released an official image for the show. 

source:
http://trekmovie.com/2012/05/08/nbc-picks-up-jj-abrams-post-apocalypse-series-revolution/

Dangelus

Bromptonboy

Hmmm, sounds like 'The Postman' meets 'The Day The Earth Stood Still'.  I'll give the show a try, that is for sure.
Pete

Rico

Meets Terra Nova meets The Walking Dead, etc.  End of the world scenario's have been done A LOT!  Hopefully they can bring something new to the party.

Geekyfanboy

Looks like JJ Abrams has done it again..

this looks pretty EPIC!!!

Revolution - Trailer

Rico

Nice video.  I'll merge it with the other thread.

Geekyfanboy

sorry about double posting that Rico.. guess I've been out of it a bit too long :)

Ktrek

Looks good! I will give the show a chance. Thanks for the video Kenny.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

This is good news...

Former "LOST" star Elizabeth Mitchell has joined J.J. Abrams and Eric Kripke's "Revolution" at NBC as a series regular, says The Hollywood Reporter. She joins a cast that includes Billy Burke ("The Twilight Saga"), Tracy Spiridakos, Anna Lise Phillips, Zak Orth, Graham Rogers, J.D. Pardo, Giancarlo Esposito, David Lyons, Maria Howell and Tim Guinee. Kripke, Abrams, Favreau and Bryan Burk ("LOST," Star Trek) serve as executive producers....

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=92121

ChrisMC

It's good to know people will have perfect hair and be super-sexy in post-apocalyptic times! ;P
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Dangelus

The pilot is available to watch on Hulu right now, 2 weeks ahead of air date! :)

Rico

Starts tonight on NBC - at least in the States.

X

Rico

Just watched the pilot episode.  Intriguing and I like it so far.  Definitely going to keep watching.

Vartok

I will keep watching, but I have higher hopes

[spoiler]I can't help getting frustrated over
- kids portrayed as so stupid who get their family and friends killed
- perfect bright too shiny teeth without those dentist checkups!
- a bit overweight geek after 15 years without a Krogers nearby
- single shot muskets, really?
[/spoiler]

V