• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Who should be cast as the new companion(s)?

Started by Pyrovile, January 01, 2012, 08:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyrovile

I'd like to cast my vote Shappi Khorsandi.  Easy on the eye and I think she would be a brilliant assistant.
Reavers!

bevs_plaything

Quote from: Pyrovile on January 01, 2012, 08:25:29 PM
I'd like to cast my vote Shappi Khorsandi.  Easy on the eye and I think she would be a brilliant assistant.

For a moment I mistakenly read 'Kardashian' in your posting!  I thought clearly not; I would stop watching the show!!!!  I can just imagine the 'wookie' one picking up a Dalek and snapping it in half!!

bevs_plaything

Quote from: Pyrovile on January 01, 2012, 08:25:29 PM

I know who you mean now, and I like her!   Unfortunately I think she's a bit 'old' to play a new companion, because Matt Smith is too young by comparison.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shappi_Khorsandi

Pyrovile

He's 900+ years old, if anyone is robbing the cradle it's the Timelord.
Reavers!

Meds

Give me a male companion, just a bloke, or a alien like Turlough.

Feathers

Alien by preference (although under current management, I think we'll almost certainly get a contemporary human).

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

How about someone not from the UK?  Have they done that before?  Maybe an American?

P.S.  Aren't we a long way from this too?  Like 1-2 years??

Feathers

Quote from: Rico on January 03, 2012, 05:27:46 AM
How about someone not from the UK?  Have they done that before?  Maybe an American?

P.S.  Aren't we a long way from this too?  Like 1-2 years??

They've done US and Australian companions before (character nationalities, not necessarily actor nationalities) and as for 1-2 years, that may be so for the Doctor but [spoiler]Moffatt has said that they're pretty much done with the 'Ponds' by mid-season 2012.[/spoiler]

(The above is in the public domain but I don't have a source so I've protected it for the sake of the weak at heart :))

Rico

But no non-UK companions at least in the modern (2005+) Doctor Who - right?  You must be talking about before I really was watching.

Feathers

Rico

Ahh, good!  Because I'd be in favor of a certain former Colonial Viper pilot getting aboard the Tardis.  But, I might be a little biased.  :)

P.S. Or how about Michelle Ryan?  I liked her in the "Planet of the Dead" special.

Dangelus

I'm with Meds, it would be great if it were one companion and a man but I doubt they'd do it. They like to have a little "soap opera" element in Who these days.

bevs_plaything

Peri's character was American, and had quite a few fans during the mid-80s!  The character could be quite a bit winy, but left her mark on the show!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nPSUOab2dI&feature=related#

Pyrovile

She did a passable job with the accent, but used some very British syntax at times, but as easy as she was on the eyes, I can overlook that.
Reavers!

ElfManDan

My vote is for alien. Something different would be nice.

You know who would be cool to see on the show is David Hewlett. We know he'd do it in a heart beat if he could as well.