• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Who should be cast as the new companion(s)?

Started by Pyrovile, January 01, 2012, 08:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roddenberry

I agree with some on here, be nice to have a male companion, my vote - Alan Tudyk.

Feathers

I hadn't thought of Hewlett.

Maybe not McKay but as another character he could be great.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Quote from: Feathers on January 04, 2012, 01:27:32 AM
I hadn't thought of Hewlett.

Maybe not McKay but as another character he could be great.

I loved David Hewlett on SG: Atlantis, but I think he's a bit too much like the Doctor already.  He needs a counter balance to his eccentric nature.  If it was a man this time, I'd pick more of an action hero type guy - similar to Captain Jack Harkness.  I'd still prefer a female companion.  I think it helps have both a male and female in the Tardis.  Gives everyone out there someone to sort of identify with.  Unless they turn the whole thing around and have a woman Doctor someday and a male companion.  But I know Meds at least hates that idea.

Meds

BLASPHEMER!!!!!! Get off your forums now Rico for saying such a thing. Lol ;)

Feathers

Yes, I guess Hewlett alone wouldn't work quite as well but perhaps with another? As I said, his McKay persona wouldn't play (for the 'too similar to the Doctor' reason) but surely a compromise chaacter would be possible?

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Meds

I'd even go for a older woman, like in Big Finish.

Pyrovile

Quote from: Roddenberry on January 03, 2012, 05:43:00 PM
I agree with some on here, be nice to have a male companion, my vote - Alan Tudyk.

Only if Moffat can work in dinosaurs and his character saying "Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"
Reavers!

Roddenberry

Quote from: Pyrovile on January 04, 2012, 01:51:45 PM
Quote from: Roddenberry on January 03, 2012, 05:43:00 PM

Only if Moffat can work in dinosaurs and his character saying "Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

If any one can, the Moffat man can.

Meds

I'd make a good companion, just thought i'd say lol