• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"Defying Gravity" - series starts Aug. 2nd

Started by Rico, July 30, 2009, 06:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Seems like a reasonable idea Eric.  I'm also enjoying the series a lot and look forward to each new episode.

billybob476

I'm quite enjoying the show as well. I like how it's not  super dark and gritty like most other shows on tv are recently. It's not about war or the end of humanity.

I liked the last ep a lot. It's interesting how we're not really sure what's happening and they are slowly revealing things.

moyer777

I am finally caught up on it and have really enjoyed the pace and mystery of it all.  I like how it is filmed and really like the sets too.  I am very curious as to what is going on!  Does anyone know how many episodes we are going to get?

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

KatzeKitty

Quote from: billybob476 on August 26, 2009, 06:08:40 AM
I'm quite enjoying the show as well. I like how it's not  super dark and gritty like most other shows on tv are recently. It's not about war or the end of humanity.

Good point, BillyBob.  I think it's a refreshing change from death and doom every episode.

I agree with others who have speculated that it seems strange that this group of people was deemed the best for the project... a guy who can't swim?  Come on...

~katzekitty

Rico

Quote from: KatzeKitty on August 26, 2009, 12:52:37 PM
Quote from: billybob476 on August 26, 2009, 06:08:40 AM

Good point, BillyBob.  I think it's a refreshing change from death and doom every episode.

I agree with others who have speculated that it seems strange that this group of people was deemed the best for the project... a guy who can't swim?  Come on...

~katzekitty

Yeah - but there is a reason he is up there.

[spoiler]The entity thing, wants him there.  Same with all the rest.  That's explained in one of the episodes.[/spoiler]

KatzeKitty

Can you tell I'm now two episodes behind?  YES!!! :)

I'll try to catch up so I can chat about this well-informed.

But, and Chad will attest to this, I have issues with disbelief suspension (which makes being a scifi fan a challenge sometimes!!).  I'd love to be one of those people who screens movies or TV shows to make them just a hair "better" before they're released.

~kk

Rico

Yeah - I know how you feel.  I did see "G.I. Joe."  LOL!

jedijeff

I am really enjoying this series as well. I like Eric's thoughts on it as well, that all makes a lot of sense. It is so tough for me right now to get a real handle on this Entity, so I am hoping they give us something a bit more substantial on it soon. I am usually a person who likes a bit of action in shows, but I am finding with this show that I am not missing it at all.

moyer777

This last episode- I don't like blood, so yuck, but it did answer some questions that I had.

[spoiler]What I find interesting is that they are tackling the abortion issue head on and in somewhat of a reality compared with many televesion shows.  There is a lot of moral stuff that this show deals with and I think that is what makes it compelling.  At the heart of it I love the space ship shots and the realistic looking interior of the ship.  I love the computer interfaces and the panels and such.  Should be very interesting to see where it ends up.  Gross thumb.[/spoiler]

X

So, ABC cancels the show and labels the last show as the season finale. However, the show is still running new episodes on ctv on friday. Boo ABC. Boo.

moyer777

billybob476

moyer777

Will you guys be airing new episodes? Cause they left us with more questions than answers.  :)

billybob476

I think they will.

I hate it when smart TV gets canceled.