• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

FEATHERS HAS NEVER SEEN "THE FINAL FRONTIER"

Started by Trekkygeek, June 06, 2009, 02:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyer777

yeah, I have to agree, as much as I thought parts of it were lame, there was some very nice character moments.  The camping scenes were pretty darn good. 

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

alanp

I will say, the parts that were good in the final frontier were better than the good parts of the undiscovered country.

Feathers

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Omra

Don't do it,... it is a trap!

DON'T GIVE IN TO THE DARK SIDE!!! :yoda

KingIsaacLinksr

Ugh, watched it once and that's all I ever wanted to watch.  The whole feel of the movie was way out of touch with the rest of the movies.  I know I'm going against the tide here, but I was unimpressed.  It looked like a fan-made movie. 

But hey, it is your choice after all.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

wraith1701

As posted earlier, the movie has some great character moments, but it has at least an equal number of painful ones.  Still, I stand by my position that it has to be seen, at least once.  Just be ready to cringe. ;)

Here's some of what you can look forward to-

X

LOL! I tried to delete that from my memory.... Thanks Eric.

Dangelus

I look forward to your 1000 word review Mike.

;)

Feathers

Quote from: Dangelus on June 08, 2009, 11:09:48 PM
I look forward to your 1000 word review Mike.

;)

You jest...but it's not impossible!

Feathers

As this thread's just come to my attention again, I should point out that I have now seen the film.

I may never watch it again (although it is still on my Sky+ box) but I  no longer have this hole in my Trek exexperience.

billybob476

lol. At least you experienced it one time and now understand why god doesn't need a starship.

Feathers

Quote from: billybob476 on July 26, 2010, 06:10:10 AM
lol. At least you experienced it one time and now understand why god doesn't need a starship.

Oddly enough, I could probably have made that intuitive leap without having seen the film.

The bigger thing to note is that I've finally seen the 'I know this ship like the back of my hand' line which I'd only ever previously heard in audio!

Bromptonboy

Pete

Rico

I still find some moments in this film really great.  Especially some of the personal stuff between the main trio of characters.

cosmonaut

I was shocked to learn that even Spock and Bones were supposed to betray Kirk. :(