• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

CONTEST VOTE FOR: Recasting of TNG!

Started by Rico, January 26, 2009, 08:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which cast list is your overall favorite for recasting TNG?

Hawkeye Meds
3 (14.3%)
Sheppard
1 (4.8%)
Just X
4 (19%)
Mark Daniels
1 (4.8%)
Jen
7 (33.3%)
Trekkygeek
5 (23.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: February 07, 2009, 08:40:32 AM

billybob476

Quote from: Bryancd on January 30, 2009, 10:10:13 AM
The only thing this contest demonstrated to me is how woefully uninformed I am about current popular actors! I have no clue who some of those people are! I incorrectly interpreted this contest to mean if you recast TNG today with modern talent, I never considered using older or more established names, but now that I see them, I wish I had played.
Same here Bryan, I had to google most of them. Turns out I did know who some of them were, just not by name.

Rico

There were no restrictions on who you could choose from.  But obviously most people picked from current, available talent.  One thing I thought this contest would demonstrate is how hard it is to recast something like this.  I like to point that out when people moan & groan about some of the recent remakes and recasting happening.  It is a very hard thing to do.

Bryancd

No, it was my fault for not understanding the contest.

Dangelus

Yes I failed to finish my list...      :-[

I found it VERY hard to choose people and found myself not wanting them replaced!

Trekkygeek

Quote from: Captain BJ Wanlund on January 29, 2009, 03:37:36 PM
I WAS going to vote for Tim... Then I saw who he cast as Geordi.  *puke*

NONE of these strike me as being anywhere near good.  I'll abstain.

BJ

Cool, thanks for your kind words.  ::)
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Jen

Quote from: Just X on January 30, 2009, 10:00:28 AM
Quote from: billybob476 on January 30, 2009, 05:35:24 AM
lol...if you don't have something nice to say...
That's why I didn't reply. I suppose if there were better ideas out there, then those people with them should have made a submission.

Ummm.... Ditto.

I didn't know the names of the actors I added to my list. I just knew the characters they played and  what they looked like. I had to find the list of actors on IMDB by looking up the television shows and movies I knew they were in. In my email to Rico, I added photos to help identify them.  BTW...I think all  the suggestions are imaginative and fun. And this is after all just a game... we're not actually recasting TNG.   ;)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

robbo1510

I had to vote for Just X, purely for the Gillian Anderson/Liv Tyler combo!
:love

moyer777

Quote from: Jen on January 31, 2009, 07:07:09 AM
Quote from: Just X on January 30, 2009, 10:00:28 AM
Quote from: billybob476 on January 30, 2009, 05:35:24 AM
lol...if you don't have something nice to say...
That's why I didn't reply. I suppose if there were better ideas out there, then those people with them should have made a submission.

Ummm.... Ditto.

I didn't know the names of the actors I added to my list. I just knew the characters they played and  what they looked like. I had to find the list of actors on IMDB by looking up the television shows and movies I knew they were in. In my email to Rico, I added photos to help identify them.  BTW...I think all  the suggestions are imaginative and fun. And this is after all just a game... we're not actually recasting TNG.   ;)
that is what you think!  :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Ok - figured it was time to reveal my pics for this.  A couple made it on other people's lists too.  Let me know what you think of my ideas.

Trekkygeek

Interesting choices Rico. I particularly like your choice of Picard and Data.
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Rico

Quote from: Trekkygeek on February 01, 2009, 03:48:26 AM
Interesting choices Rico. I particularly like your choice of Picard and Data.

Thanks.  I think Mitch would be a pretty cool Picard/Captain.  I'd love to see him involved in Trek sometime.  Same with the others.

Feathers

I heard an interview with Pileggi in which he described his role as commander if the Deadalus on Atlantis as the nearest he would get to commanding the Enterprise. Seems he had the same idea.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Geekyfanboy

I think it's funny that everyone kind of kept the same age/sex/race for the new characters. Why not a white Geordi? or a Male Dr. Crusher.

Rico

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on February 01, 2009, 04:50:25 PM
I think it's funny that everyone kind of kept the same age/sex/race for the new characters. Why not a white Geordi? or a Male Dr. Crusher.

I didn't completely.  Not for Worf and my ages don't line up either exactly.  But, I wasn't going to give you a female Picard!  That just won't work in my view.

KC

Those were some really good choices, Rico. I especially like Taye Diggs as Geordi... although, I just really, really like Taye Diggs, so I may be a bit biased.

Jim Parsons is a pretty popular choice for Data. Of course, he practically plays Data on The Big Bang Theory--I'm waiting for that reference on the show. ;)