• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Winter Has Arrived

Started by Darth Gaos, December 18, 2008, 03:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Gaos

Well winter arrived here in the Inland Northwest last night.....with a BANG.  I have not been on the net lately as my wife has been in the hospital....all is better and thank the Good Lord for that and for the fact she was discharged Tuesday evening.

It started snowing yesterday at about 9am and really got going around noon.  Here is what I woke up too this morning....

This our minivan

The little black thing you see is the rearview mirror of my Saturn.

23 inches and counting and actually STILL snowing.  Should be an interesting next couple of days.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Bryancd

WOW! Glad your wife is ok as well. :)

moyer777

WOW!  That is a lot of snow!  I am glad your wife is ok. 

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Feathers

A lot a lot...

We'll be lucky if we see 1/8" anywhere at all round here. I do like snow...

Glad all's well.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Darth Gaos

I'm curious Rick how much you are getting on the west side of the state?  Seems like most is falling on the west side and over here Spokane way.  Central part never seems to get more than a couple of inches.

Ktrek

I love looking at snow and even getting out in it if I'm going skiing or something, but I much prefer the warmer and moderate climate where I live. Glad your wife is OK!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

jedijeff

Wow, that is a lot of snow, can you get your car out of the street?

moyer777

Quote from: Darth Gaos on December 18, 2008, 04:29:46 PM
I'm curious Rick how much you are getting on the west side of the state?  Seems like most is falling on the west side and over here Spokane way.  Central part never seems to get more than a couple of inches.
We got like a few inches the other night, then it melted a bunch, turned to ice, and now we got another inch and a half.  It is frozen out again so everything is slippery.  Crazy!  I don't know if we are getting anymore.  We will see.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

I don't know how you guys live in that stuff for months... I like it for about a day.

billybob476

I can't find my camera at the moment but it's whiteout outside my window. The snow starts flying horizontal from the left, then vertically, then horizontal to the right...it's a maelstrom. I love it!

Omne

Snow.. Snow .. hmm i have heard of it and it looks wonderful in your photos but is a rarity down here in Dallas. cant remember the last time we actually had snow down here.

Darth Gaos

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on December 19, 2008, 11:15:52 AM
I don't know how you guys live in that stuff for months... I like it for about a day.

I love living here in the Northwest but the snow is the one bad thing about living here.  I love winter and I love snow....I would just prefer that it falls a few inches at a time and not 2 feet all at once.  Actually I would really like it if it just snowed on Christmas eve and Christmas day.

Bryancd

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on December 19, 2008, 11:15:52 AM

I love snow when it's fresh and falling, I loath it when it's brown, wet mush after. I can't ride my bike , I can't run outside, it just blows chunks.

Tan-Ru (banned)

Would you believe it, I was unaware it was snowing today till late in the afternoon when I turned on the news. I was walking around in a Tshirt and light pants and sweating.

I feel so guilty..........NOT!

M-5

We've had a couple inches of snow for the past few days.  There is a big winter storm coming tomorrow night.  I hope we get some more snow.  I haven't seen real snow since we moved from Great Falls, Montana.