• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Yay!! (I think...)

Started by KingIsaacLinksr, June 05, 2008, 11:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingIsaacLinksr

Well, after a couple weeks I finally got my old job back at Taco Time.  Not the greatest place I could work at, but I haven't had anyone else return to me about my job offers....

So now I can work in the grease-intensive, meat-grinding, fast food job...............................

Remind me why I wanted a job again??

;)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Well, at least it's something for now.  If you want to, try to keep looking for something better.  Do you work full time there?

billybob476

Yeah it never hurts to have something while you're looking for something else. i worked at McDonald's for 5 years so I know where you're coming from.

Geekyfanboy

Yeah I did a year at Del Taco when I was 16

billybob476

Also just remember this:

Money is money.

X

When I was 16, I worked at McDonalds for about 3 days before I got recruited to work at a Popeyes for more pay.... I left the grill in the middle of the rush.

Meds

Easier to look for a better job when you are in a job. Plus think about all the cool things you can buy when you get that wage packet.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Rico on June 05, 2008, 11:25:01 AM
Well, at least it's something for now.  If you want to, try to keep looking for something better.  Do you work full time there?

No, very few employees work full time there because there isn't a big enough customer demand/they probably don't want to pay someone full time.  (I think).  They don't really say though.  I'll probably get around 25-30 hours a week though. 

Yes, I'm working till I either:

A.  Find a better full time job
B.  Go back to college. 

I'm also looking for another part-time job.

King

Meds

moyer777

That is great Tim.  I have been praying for you!

Hope all goes well.

:luke

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

wraith1701

Quote from: billybob476 on June 05, 2008, 11:32:53 AM
Also just remember this:

Money is money.

EXACTLY.  There are folks in the world who would kill for the opportunity to earn an honest dollar.  Congrats on landing a gig, Tim.

Rico

Most everyone has had this type of job or a few of them at some point.  One of my first jobs was working in a small restaurant.  I cleaned tables and washed dishes.  Washing dishes for 8 hours straight makes you never afraid to clean up after a meal at home - ever again.

KingIsaacLinksr

I'm not complaining, its not the best job in the world no, but its a job and I need the money.  I'm also getting interviewed by Fred Meyer, for a job, on Saturday.  So yea, not too bad. 

King

billybob476

Quote from: Rico on June 05, 2008, 06:57:09 PM
Most everyone has had this type of job or a few of them at some point.  One of my first jobs was working in a small restaurant.  I cleaned tables and washed dishes.  Washing dishes for 8 hours straight makes you never afraid to clean up after a meal at home - ever again.

Yeah I was a 'closer' at McDonald's for awhile. Washing every utensil and piece of equipment after a busy mcDonald's day toughened me up.

jedijeff

I used to work at a meat cutting shop, I had to clean up the equipment and the shop after the meat cutters had been working. Not the greatest work, but it was my first job.