• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Menagerie on the Big Screen November 13th!

Started by moyer777, October 05, 2007, 01:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

space_invader64

I would have gone to see it if it would have been in my local theater, which is 33 miles away!

It bothers me when they show trailers for stuff they won't show in their theater. They did run the Menagerie preview but I would have to drive 70 miles to see it.

Seems like a false advertisement.

They also won't show Michael Moore's movies.  They have the right not to but I think it's wrong of them to show the previews and not show the movie when it comes out. 

Boothanew

Gateway Stadium 16    Austin    TX    78759 ... ugh i missed it. :(
I just started listening to the podcast on the 14th..i miss everything. :/
You should look at my full list before judging my musical taste...i'm quite eclectic.

Jen

Yeah, I had planned to see it in Austin too...got busy with other things and didn't go. It sounds like it was a great experience. I wonder if anyone dressed up like Klingons...OH,  who am I kidding? Of course they did! Austin's unofficial motto is "Keep Austin Weird."
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

billybob476

We just got back, it was a lot of fun. Not too many people showed up but it was a good group. A lot of giggling at Spock and Kirk. Overall I'm glad I went!

Boothanew

mann.. i wish i could have seen some klingonz. :D
I think the premiere of the new star trek movie should have an interesting crowd show up. :]
And i hope they sell shirt for the movie because  I can't ever find any my size on ebay. :/
You should look at my full list before judging my musical taste...i'm quite eclectic.

PepperDude

I had a lot of fun watching the "movie" this past Tuesday. I managed to bring a girlfriend of mine who has never watched Star Trek before. She said she really liked it so now it's time to show her more episodes. Hopefully, she'll get hooked.

"The WOMEN!"  :laugh:  That was simply too funny.

As you can see, I sported the podcast t-shirt that evening.

Boothanew

lol that's great...most girls i know like the old star trek series more...not sure why but i guess it's because shatners hot..haha.

PepperDude

She actually said that she'd rather watch TOS rather than the newer hi-tech special effects series. And yes she did say that Shatner's "very handsome."

Jen

I like  that you wore your Treks In Sci-Fi shirt! Glad you guys had fun. :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

billybob476

One thing I noticed is a LOT clearer in the enhanced version is how they soften the lens when they do closeups on the "woman of the episode". It wasn't as apparent in SD but in HD blown up on the big screen I could really see it.