• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Menagerie on the Big Screen November 13th!

Started by moyer777, October 05, 2007, 01:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

I'm really looking forward to heading to the showing tomorrow night with my wife. I'm amazed she agreed! She's really not a TOS fan.

jedijeff

That is great everyone had great experiences as well, and sounds like the audience reaction was similar for everyone. We had some Klingons at the theatre as well, who were patrolling the door, and made the showing a lot more fun. They cut off the season 2 preview at the end a bit early, so it must have been they wanted us geeks out of the theatre ;)

saunders

I'm really glad I got to see it.  I took my wife who is not a Trek fan.  I think she maybe thought it was better than she expected, but she's not ready to watch all my DVDs (I'm not sure how that's possible).  For me it's my all time favorite Trek story, and it was a lot of fun to see it on the big screen.  I did notice details that I hadn't seen before, and people seemed to laugh in the same places that everyone mentioned...places I had never really thought were funny.  I wish all the behind the scenes stuff was new.  Some of it I had seen in the trailer for the Enhanced episodes...no big deal though, I still liked it.   Didn't they say that you could flip the HD-DVD's over and watch in DVD?  That's pretty cool for people that haven't upgraded their systems yet.  The original effects never really bother me, but boy you could see the difference when they showed the original Enterprise and then went to the new version on the big screen.  The theater had a decent crowd for a Tues, but it was nowhere near being crowded.  We had maybe 40-50 people.  I was hoping some fans would go all out and dress up or something, but nobody did.  It was a great way to watch a great episode.  I wish I could see all my Trek like that.  It'll be interesting to hear how it does. 

moyer777

us too, it took them like three minutes to turn down the lights, and they never did turn them back on again. 

What??? 

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

saunders

We had a similar light problem.  I used to manage a theater years ago.  I never worked in the projection booth, so I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I think normally they splice something onto the reel after the feature presentation clip that shuts off the lights.  This had no trailers or clips like that so the projectionist probably had to do it manually.

coastgames

I thought the show was great.  I have not watched this one in quite some time.  Now i am going to watch it and see how it compared to last night :)
Parse Error!!  What do you mean Parse Error?

moyer777

Quote from: coastgames on November 14, 2007, 10:56:11 AM
I thought the show was great.  I have not watched this one in quite some time.  Now i am going to watch it and see how it compared to last night :)

I thought it was cool to get to eat dinner together!   It was a fun night.  Thanks for coming with us coastgames.  :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Kirk-Fu

I saw it with a buddy last night. I thought it was fantastic. I was a bit disappointed in the size of the crowd, probably about 60 people.

Otherwise, it was great. It looked awesome on the big screen.

billybob476

So basically I probably shouldn't be worried about huge crowds tonight?

jedijeff

My Guess is it will not be as busy as Thursday. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and we probably had about 200 people on Tuesday. I am not sure what the theatres are like in Toronto, but the one it showed in here was the older type theatre, and not the Stadium Seating type, so you might want to get there early to make sure you get a decent seat if it is an older theatre.

coastgames

There were still alot of seats when we went.  I was worried we would not find space for 8 of us to sit by each other.  But when we got there I changed my mind.  Still it was worth going :)

And yes dinner was great moyer777, thanks for the invite.
Parse Error!!  What do you mean Parse Error?

space_invader64

I went to a play of Oklahoma last night instead.

Rico

space_invader64

Wonder why they aren't showing it on the weekend?

Rico

Quote from: space_invader64 on November 15, 2007, 05:29:01 PM
Wonder why they aren't showing it on the weekend?

I'd say because they probably got the theater cheaper during the week and it won't cut into the weekend box office.  Some big movies are starting to come out now for the holidays.