• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Menagerie on the Big Screen November 13th!

Started by moyer777, October 05, 2007, 01:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

OH. MY. GOD. I didn't see the Canadian locations link! There's a show 10 minutes from here! I'll be booking tickets for the 15th I think (if it's not sold out!)

Thanks for making me look twice Rico!

saunders

I was really annoyed about the whole $12.50 thing.  I think it's crazy that a normal movie costs $9, but was really annoyed that they're extorting extra cash from Trek fans.  My wife, however, said that I guess fandango (where you get movie tickets) has a deal where if you use your discover card you can get 2 for 1 tickets.  I'd post a link, but I'm at work and their site is blocked.  Just thought I'd report in case anyone wants to check it out.  It's not a big savings, but I feel better about it.

saunders

She just got our tickets from fandango.  There was a $1 something service charge per tickets, so 2 tickets for $14 something. 

markinro

I'll be curious to know.  Was there anything you saw that you..
1.  Didn't know
2.  Never saw before

space_invader64

In oklahoma, the are like 13 dollers per ticket only showing in 2 theaters that are both over 60 miles away.

I'm not going!

jedijeff

Off to the movie in about 30 Minutes, looking forward to it.

Dan M

It was great seeing the big-screen presentation.  The new FX shots look great blown-up.  The comparison shots of the original footage and the new really showed off both the new FX and the great job they did cleaning up the footage and enhancing/restoring the colors.

As a once-in-a-lifetime thing, it was well worth the money I spent.

jedijeff

I had a great time as well, and felt it translated well to the Big screen. I am not sure if it was that I was watching it on the big screen, or with a group of other Trek fans, but there were a few humourous spots that I nver really expected. I have seen the menagerie a few times, and never laughed at parts, but this time I did. I think the biggest laugh of the night came when they Showed Vina as the Orion Slave Girl, then panned to Kirk and the look on his face, everyone got a good chuckle out of that.
This was a lot of fun, I hope it is successful as would love to see them try another one in the future.

moyer777

We just got back from Olympia, and it was a great show!  Yes, Jeff, I thought it was really cool watching this with a large audience.  We probably had a couple hundred people in the theater and they laughed at the part you said, and then when Spock yelled "the WOMEN!" and when the aliens started talking about the young woman having desires.  We all laughed at her expression.   Many times when Spock would display emotions the theater would break out laughing.  THen at the end... the whole place applauded.  That was kind of cool.

I really enjoyed the making of the enhanced episode feature and Gene's son did a great job hosting.  The promo at the end was nice too.  Overall, a very pleasurable experience.  As has been stated, a once in a lifetime opportunity!  How awesome!

Take a look at our pictures.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

wso32

Great pics Rick.  Glad you enjoyed it.  I'm jealous.

Dan M

There were a few moments of laughter, mostly concerning Kirk's libido.

When Spock was admiring the plants, there were comments in the seats around me.  "He smiled!"

Rico

My younger son Eric and I went last night and had a fun time.  We were lucky and one of the theaters showing it in Michigan was only like 15 minutes from our house.  The theater wasn't the largest and when we walked in about 10 minutes until show time it was pretty packed with geeks!  We found a couple of pretty good seats.  It was great seeing it on the big screen and the intro stuff was very cool.  As well as seeing the new effects on the big screen.

To answer markinro's question, yes even I noticed things I hadn't seen before in many TV viewings.  On top of that the new effects for this one hadn't been seen before nor had the intro stuff and behind the scenes footage.  The theater was having slight trouble with the sound but it got worked out.  All in all it was a once in a lifetime experience.

I recorded some audio of our trip to the theater and there as well.  Going to try and do a mini podcast about it all later this evening.  Still one more night of showings for those that haven't gone yet.  If you are a Trek fan - you will really enjoy this.

Duffster

My daughter and I really enjoyed the evening. It's pretty funny that all the parts that everyone has already mentioned, were the parts where everyone in our theater laughed also.

I was really packed here also, and it was great to be with our fellow geeks watching this once in a life time opprotunity.

Geeks rule...Trek rulez!!!!

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

markinro

Quote from: moyer777 on November 13, 2007, 11:10:51 PM
We just got back from Olympia, and it was a great show!  Yes, Jeff, I thought it was really cool watching this with a large audience.  We probably had a couple hundred people in the theater and they laughed at the part you said, and then when Spock yelled "the WOMEN!" and when the aliens started talking about the young woman having desires.  We all laughed at her expression.   Many times when Spock would display emotions the theater would break out laughing.  THen at the end... the whole place applauded.  That was kind of cool.

I really enjoyed the making of the enhanced episode feature and Gene's son did a great job hosting.  The promo at the end was nice too.  Overall, a very pleasurable experience.  As has been stated, a once in a lifetime opportunity!  How awesome!

Take a look at our pictures.

OMG - geeks to the left of me, geeks to the right of me.  Its like watching Big Bang Theory. :D

fanboy99

My wife and I went last night and had a great time.  The theatre was one of their bigger ones and was almost half full.  I don't live in a big city so half full is good for this area and Sci-Fi.  As with the rest of you.  The laughs came at the same times.  Very glad I went to this and hope to see more events like this in the future. 

The one thing that did bug me was that three people had to go out and ask them to turn off the lights in the theatre.  Then when the movie was over they never turned the lights back on.  I think they just forgot about us geeks in there.