• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Menagerie on the Big Screen November 13th!

Started by moyer777, October 05, 2007, 01:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingIsaacLinksr

Its a pity I can't see it here in Kalamth....*whaaaa*  I'd love to see it.  But its an hour long drive to the nearest theater and I have no car.  :( 

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

A second night has been added!  Now on both Nov. 13th and 15th!   :metallica:

Geekyfanboy

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/2308573.html?sssdmh=dm4.231310

EXTRA DATE! High Demand for "Menagerie" Screening!

UPDATE 10.24.07: "Menagerie" events in Europe just announced!

Due to popular demand, Fathom Events, organizers for the special screening of "The Menagerie," has added a second date on Thursday, November 15! This new date will feature two screenings: 7:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.

Be sure to check out the video preview! (need to go to original website for working links)

Click here for U.S. ticket information, theatre locations and times. (need to go to original website for working links)

Click here for Canadian ticket information, theatre locations and times. (need to go to original website for working links)

On Tuesday, November 13, and Thursday, November 15, the two-part Star Trek Remastered version of "The Menagerie" will beam onto the big screen in a special engagement with selected theatres. The screening — a first for episodic Star Trek on this scale — will be seen in more than 300 venues across the U.S. and Canada. This two-night-only event will also feature a special introduction by Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry, son of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry, plus an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the making of the Remastered series.

"The Menagerie" will be presented in its digitally remastered, high-definition format and in Cinema Surround Sound. The screening is in part to promote the HD-DVD/DVD release the following week (Nov. 20) by CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment.

If you recall, the two-part "Menagerie" is the only episode to feature the casts of both the original pilot and the regular series, with Spock the only character to make the transition from from the pilot to the series. Much of the footage, of course, is taken from the rejected first pilot "The Cage." The story sees the Vulcan hell-bent on returning Captain Pike to Talos IV, the intention being that this is where his injured former commander can peacefully live out the rest of his days. Spock risks his career in Starfleet by hijacking the Enterprise and faces a court-martial for his actions. All this is eventually revealed to be an illusion, courtesy of the Talosians and their very strong telepathic hallucinations. Spock is then exonerated, Pike is returned and everything works out in the end. (Oops! Sorry to give it away!) "The Menagerie" was the 16th episode of Star Trek produced, and the 11th one to air.

jedijeff

I purchased my tickets this morning, so I am good to go :) Really looking forward to it. Happy to see a lot of Movie Theatres in Canada are showing it.

moyer777

That is so cool that you get to see it on the big screen Jeff.  YAY!

I was hoping they would do that in Canada. 

How great.   :vulcan

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

markinro

$12.50 !!??   Do we get a free phaser (type 2 -- no stinking type 1) ?

Geekyfanboy

I think it's funny that you guys complain about $12.50 for a movie ticket.. that has been the price of a movie  for a few years if you see it at Mann's Chinese Theater in Hollywood. And if you go to the Archlight Cineramadome it's $14.00 per ticket. And those are for regular movies.

Rico

I generally go to matinées here in Michigan and it costs about $7.50 for those.  Night time is about $10.  Yes, in California these prices are inflated as is housing and other things.  But I live in Michigan.  Keep in mind these prices are getting very close to the cost of a DVD.  And the studios wonder why people aren't going to the movies as much anymore.  They really need to rethink this or they are going to continue to keep people away.  I love seeing movies out, but now I generally only go to things I really want to see in the theater.  I used to go out to movie almost every week.  Not anymore.

moyer777

Here in Aberdeen matinees are only $5 and regular times are $7.50. 

It's different everywhere I guess.

moyer777

Well we are all ready to go for tomorrow night!

I am meeting a bunch of fellow fans at Red Robin for dinner in Olympia at 5:30, then we are headed over to the cinemas for the show at 7:30.  Oh boy!  How cool.

Maybe we can all talk about our experience on Wednesday.  Don't forget to wear your treks in sci fi shirts and take a few pictures.  That would be cool to see everyone going to this!

Rico

Sounds great Rick.  My son and I are going tonight and I'm going to try and record a little audio during the experience, also before and/or after the show.

Duffster

My daughter and I are psyched!!! This is going to be a really fun night.  One of us will definitely be wearing the Treks In Sci-Fi t-shirt.

4 1/2 hours and counting!!! Whoot!

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

billybob476

Damn closest theater is in Buffalo, NY. 2 hour drive increased by crossing the border. A note must be made to include Canada in these events!

Rico

I thought they did finally include Canada?  Maybe just not a location close to you.