• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Which do you like better...

Started by Riskygodfather, November 20, 2005, 09:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the communicator from the Original series(like a cell phone) or the one from TNG(the one on the shirt).

TOS
11 (44%)
TNG
10 (40%)
Didn't Like Either
0 (0%)
Loved Both
4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Darkmolerman

I SO like TNG well really because thats the one i saw.
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Movie Sean

I think it does have to do with which one you grew up watching.

I like TOS a ton, but I did grow up watching TNG so that's where my vote went.
Call me cocky, but if there's an alien I can't kill, I haven't met him and killed him yet.

Picard_delta_5

im not so sure i agree with you there... when i was little, i was exposed to way more TNG then TOS but i still voted TOS... but its a hard vote cause i really do like both of em a lot...
Star Trek Will Rise Again

Darkmolerman

I picked TNG because i thought the look was smooth and not fuzzy and the mic was better (i have tech reasons obviously) that and i like the TNG gang yo! lol

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Trekkygeek

Well, to me, the TNG communicator makes more sense. Its far more practical and easier to use in a phaser fight, but granted it does not look as cool as flipping up the communicator.
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Picard_delta_5

yeah, no doubt... if ur going for practical, then it's TNG all the way... but in terms of coolness / style, i'd have to go with TOS...

Movie Sean

I'd always be afraid I'd drop it....kinda like I drop my cell phone!!

Yep, TNG it is!
Call me cocky, but if there's an alien I can't kill, I haven't met him and killed him yet.

Poodyglitz

Okay, but if you find yourself stranded on a techologically backward planet and need electronic parts, you won't have a communicator that you and your landing party can use.

Picard_delta_5

thats not entirely true.... sure the TNG communicator is smaller, but that doesn't mean that it's useless...

I'm sure that it's got some valuable components... plus im sure u could use it in a poker game if u were ever short on cash... just tell em ur a Frenchman if they start asking questions...

Darkmolerman

lol, also that could be a awsome ninja star! that and It is a symbol of starfleet!