• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

What's The Silliest TOS Moment?

Started by Poodyglitz, March 30, 2007, 05:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Movie Sean

Very true. 

I think I always have a hard time with music in the future sounding like what it does today. 

I bet hevay metal or rap would sound nuts to someone from the fifties, and when people from the "future" are doing something so modern it bugs me.
Call me cocky, but if there's an alien I can't kill, I haven't met him and killed him yet.

Poodyglitz

I really like what they did with the "Farscape" theme. They mutated the vocals and treated the instruments to lend that otherworldly feel to the music. There's just enough harmony and rhythm to be familiar to the common ear, with decidedly alien overtones.

I think good "future music" can be written. It would just take a bit more effort. The composer would have to care and the producer would have to go to bat for creative.

There's an interesting moment in TNG where a smuggler's wife is playing an exerpt from the Klingon opera, "Aktuh and Melota". I was surprised that they actually did something so alien.

moyer777

yes, that was a great couple of scenes with the four armed keyboard lady.

She was cool.  And I liked Riker's interaction with her as well as Worf.  Klingon opera.. that is funny stuff! :klingon

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Poodyglitz

Mmmmmmmmeloooooooooooooooootaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Movie Sean

Quote from: moyer777 on April 16, 2007, 07:47:22 AM
yes, that was a great couple of scenes with the four armed keyboard lady.

She was cool.  And I liked Riker's interaction with her as well as Worf.  Klingon opera.. that is funny stuff! :klingon

Good example of how to do music from the future. 

I've also liked in the SG1 episode with the giant alien ship burning up the planet, they play some music form that culture. 

Klingon opera rocks.
Call me cocky, but if there's an alien I can't kill, I haven't met him and killed him yet.