• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Podcast # 499 - "The Final Countdown"

Started by Rico, August 03, 2014, 06:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

This week, Dave looks at the classic film from 1980 called, "The Final Countdown."  This Sci-Fi adventure of time travel and a Navy warship is a lot of fun to watch.  Enjoy the podcast everyone!

Podcast Notes:  http://treksinscifi.com/podcast_notes/?p=3408

http://www.treksinscifi.com/podcasts/TreksinSciFi_499_Final_Countdown.mp3

WillEagle

I liked that movie. I do remember seeing it at the theater, which I would have been 12, and then more recently seeing it on Netflix. I don't think it's on there now though. Looking forward to hearing what Dave has to say about it.

jedijeff

Looking forward to this one, as that was a favorite of mine growing up.

M-5

Love this movie.  Can't wait to listen.

MARKO

Love this Movie watched it quite a few time in 82....persuaded me to Join the service.
"Amat Victoria Curam"

davekill

Quote from: MARKO on August 05, 2014, 08:42:47 AM
Love this Movie watched it quite a few time in 82....persuaded me to Join the service.

No kidding? In hindsight I should have done that too.

Blue Underground released this movie on DVD a few years ago and the two disc limited edition has a cool holograph of the Nimitz that vanishes when tilted and lot of great bonus video content. :)

M-5

Great podcast!  I'm gonna' watch it tonight after work.  Thanks Davekill!

MARKO

"Amat Victoria Curam"

davekill

Quote from: MARKO on August 06, 2014, 09:47:45 AM
No kidding :) 
As teenager I used to visit my brother while he was on duty at Letterman Hospital in San Fransisco. He was a lab tech at the Persidio military base. That was more than a couple of years ago :)

davekill

Quote from: M-5 on August 05, 2014, 01:25:52 PM
Great podcast!  I'm gonna' watch it tonight after work.  Thanks Davekill!
Glad you liked it M-5, I had fun putting it together.

MARKO

"Amat Victoria Curam"

Vartok

And here I thought it was just "the final countdown" to podcast #500!  If not, then coincidentally appropriate.

V

Bromptonboy

Pete