• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"Arrow" - CW TV series

Started by Rico, May 17, 2012, 08:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I enjoyed the second episode quite a bit but one thing jumped out at me.  How come all these guys he shoots with arrows don't scream out in pain more?  It seems kind of weird.  But I am enjoying the mysteries that are popping up (especially towards the end of the last episode).  Cool series so far.

Geekyfanboy

I have the first two episodes recorded.. haven't watched yet. Don't have a lot of time but from what I'm reading here it's worth a go?

Rico

Think, a grittier "Smallville", with a little Batman tossed in.  I'm liking it a lot.

moyer777

Yeah, it's really a great show so far.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

ChrisMC

Second episode was better than the first, and next week: DEADSHOT! I am loving this show so far and I didn't expect to. Well acted and a pretty good plot.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

X

Luthor Mansion and the X-mansion were both using the same mansion as a set for certain areas, which is also the case with Arrow. It's called Hatley Castle.

http://www.hatleycastle.com/

Rico

Each episode of this series has been very cool and the story is getting more and more interesting.  Things are already happening I thought we would have to wait a long time for.  Pictured below is the Huntress who will be appearing first in the Nov. 28th episode.  Liking this series a lot.

WillEagle

The last show I watched was the one with Deadshot. Very good episode. There are 2 Deadshot mini-series that I have. A 4 parter came out in 1988 and a five parter came out in 2005. The 2005 series was called Urban Renewal. I don't think they were ever released in a graphic novel. And I think they are the only 2 mini-series that were published.
[spoiler]And it seems we won't be seeing Deadshot again.[/spoiler]

Jobydrone

Really enjoying this series!  I put it off because I was not a huge fan of the Green Arrow in Smallville and haven't ever read the comic, but boy this is great, compelling television!  Nothing like the Smallville character at all, and a very different feel than that series overall.  Really looking forward to the rest of the season.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

I agree Joby.  This series is off to a great start.  The stories are interesting and I like how they are weaving in the flashbacks of Oli's time on the island.  Definitely my favorite new show of the season.

Jobydrone

Yeah I am chalking it up to yet another show I love that I probably never would have tried watching were it not for the positive recommendations of my friends here on the forums!  So thanks!

Does anyone who is more familiar with DC continuity know if the character Diggle(weird name) is based on a character from the comic books?
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

WillEagle

Quote from: Jobydrone on November 09, 2012, 06:26:24 AM
Yeah I am chalking it up to yet another show I love that I probably never would have tried watching were it not for the positive recommendations of my friends here on the forums!  So thanks!

Does anyone who is more familiar with DC continuity know if the character Diggle(weird name) is based on a character from the comic books?
I didn't remember him from any of the old or New 52 comics so I did some checking and it looks like Diggle is just in the Arrow tv universe. They are coming out with an Arrow comic at the end of this month and It looks like he will also be in that.

WillEagle

Watched the episode 'Damaged' last night. Loved it!

[spoiler]It was awesome to see Deathstroke.[/spoiler]

ChrisMC

Get caught up! It's a great show.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

WillEagle

Watched the episode with the Royal Flush Gang and there is a change in what Arrow does in Starling City. Enjoyed this episode but looking foward to the next 2 featuring The Huntress.