• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"Arrow" - CW TV series

Started by Rico, May 17, 2012, 08:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

More on this new series coming to the CW in the fall of 2012.

Oliver Queen/Green Arrow was a prominent part of the last few seasons of "Smallville," which may have helped pave the way for a series with the character in the lead. But "Arrow" is a full reboot, not a "Smallville" spinoff.

The CW's new show, which will air on Wednesday nights in the fall, stars Stephen Amell ("Private Practice," "Hung") as Oliver Queen, the scion of a billionaire family who was presumed dead in a shipwreck. He's found five years later but returns to his Starling City home a changed man and adopts an alter ego, Arrow, to help the downtrodden and try to right the wrongs his family has done in the past.

And, since he's a billionaire and doesn't have any superpowers of his own, we're guessing that Oliver will have the means to make or acquire some pretty good gadgetry.

"Arrow" also stars Katie Cassidy ("Gossip Girl," "Melrose Place") as Oliver's former girlfriend, Laurel Lance (who has some secrets of her own), Colin Donnell ("Pan Am") as Oliver's brother Tommy, Willa Holland ("The O.C.") as his sister Thea and David Ramsey ("Blue Bloods") as Oliver's bodyguard John Diggle. Susanna Thompson ("Kings," "Once and Again") plays Oliver's mother, Moira, who may know more about her son's shipwreck than she lets on, and Paul Blackthorne ("24," "The River") is Laurel's father, a detective who wants to bring Arrow and his vigilante ways down.

Greg Berlanti ("Green Lantern," "Brothers & Sisters"), Andrew Kreisberg ("Warehouse 13," "Eli Stone") and Marc Guggenheim ("FlashForward," "Eli Stone") are executive producing "Arrow" along with pilot director David Nutter ("Smallville," "Game of Thrones").

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/05/arrow-first-look-stephen-amell-takes-aim-as-the-dc-comics-character.html

Geekyfanboy

here's a clip they just released.. looks good.

Arrow - Just Beginning Clip

Dangelus

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

WillEagle

I'll be watching this. I have been reading the New 52 comic of Green Arrow.

Rico

The video looks great.  Hoping the series is as cool too.

WillEagle

Looking foward to this series but I don't like the idea of them changing the name of the city. Why?? There is nothing wrong with Star City. Why would they think the Starling City sounds better?
Here is a link to an extended trailer and it was really good.

www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/06/extended-trailer-and-international.html

The link didn't work. Maybe someone can post the trailer instead.

Rico

Longer trailer.  This is looking better and better!

Arrow TV Series Trailer [HD] 720p

WillEagle

This series starts next Wed. on October 10. Should be a good one! I want to watch it on Hulu if they carry it so I can watch it in HD. But I'll watch the premiere on the CW so I don't miss it if they don't play it on Hulu.
Just wanted to put a reminder out there.

Rico

moyer777

I really liked the premier, felt like a movie-  violent and dark, but very well done.  I hope it continues.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

ChrisMC

Yeah, real cool. Love the little tidbits of the DCU in there...I'm just waiting for a boxing glove arrow.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

Quote from: moyer777 on October 11, 2012, 12:05:35 AM
I really liked the premier, felt like a movie-  violent and dark, but very well done.  I hope it continues.

I agree.  It was a bit darker and more violent than I thought it was going to be.  Definitely not Smallville.  Although I swear the Queen mansion used to be the Luthor mansion.  Loved the whole "lair" in the old steel mill.  I'm definitely liking this so far.

Rico

Looks like the first episode was a huge ratings hit!

The CW has announced the ratings for their new DC show Arrow and it looks like the premiere was quite successful. Here's the press release:

Last night's premiere of ARROW was right on target with the network's goal of broadening out and bringing new viewers to the network - it drew 4.02 million viewers, the most watched telecast on the network of any show, on any night, in three years (11/12/2009).

ARROW was the most watched premiere on the network since THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (9/10/2009).

This was the most watched show in the Wednesday 8PM time period in more than three years (5/13/2009)

Versus last year's premiere of H8R in the time period, it more than doubled its audience (4M vs. 1.3M) and was up 57% in A18-34 (1.1/4), and 117% in A18-49 (1.3/4)

The ARROW premiere also gave SUPERNATURAL a boost last night, it was SUPERNATURAL's most watched episode (2.6M) since 10/15/10, and was its best A18-34 rating since 3/4/11 (1.0/3)

Last night was The CW's best Wednesday night in total viewers (3.3M) in more than two years (5/12/10) and in two years in A18-34 (1.0/3, 12/10/10) and in A18-49 (1.2/10, 10/13/10)

ARROW tied NBC's original comedies in the 8-9PM hour in total viewers (4M) and in A18-34 and A18-49.

Arrow stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

From Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg and David Nutter, the hard-hitting action series reinvents the DC hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime.

The show airs on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

Watch the pilot here:
http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/arrow/pilot/?play=757c9164-3c62-45b3-8c11-acb9659271a9

ChrisMC

Quote from: Rico on October 11, 2012, 05:27:26 AM
Quote from: moyer777 on October 11, 2012, 12:05:35 AM

I agree.  It was a bit darker and more violent than I thought it was going to be.  Definitely not Smallville.  Although I swear the Queen mansion used to be the Luthor mansion.  Loved the whole "lair" in the old steel mill.  I'm definitely liking this so far.
That's the first thing I thought when I saw it, I'm pretty sure it's the same place, maybe with some extra bits added on. Glad it did well in the ratings!
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/