• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Trek Viewer Party??

Started by Duffster, June 13, 2011, 07:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

Do you know how you'd capture the audio from the XBox? (Both the show audio and the conversation)

Dangelus

Perhaps another option would be a private Ustream channel to play the video so everybody was watching the same thing and Skyoe for 2 way comms?

Rico

Quote from: billybob476 on August 08, 2011, 09:28:45 AM
Do you know how you'd capture the audio from the XBox? (Both the show audio and the conversation)

I already bought some audio splitters and cable from Radio Shack to feed the audio to my mixer.  I also would use a mic for my audio and probably the show too, unless that feeds into the headset audio from the XBOX controller.  This is why I wanted to do a test run sometime.

moyer777

If you do it on Skype I will be there, but if not, I don't have an XBOX, so I couldn't do it.  I will miss you guys! 

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

X

I'm in! Just give me a time and day.

Rico

I'm proposing a "trial run" this coming Friday night.  Say about 8pm eastern time - does that time and day work for those with the right gear?

X

Quote from: Rico on August 08, 2011, 03:11:14 PM
I'm proposing a "trial run" this coming Friday night.  Say about 8pm eastern time - does that time and day work for those with the right gear?
That works perfectly for me, I'm off that day!

Jobydrone

any ideas yet on what we'll be viewing?
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Jobydrone

My vote is the late era TNG episode where everyone in the crew turns into various animals...I think it's called Metamorphosis maybe?  I don't believe there's been a podcast on that one yet.

Edit:  Season 7 episode 19 Genesis
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

For the test later this week I'm just going to pick an episode - probably TOS.  For the podcast one later this month it will be TNG.  I've gotten a few suggestions so far and will be putting up a voting poll for that.

ChrisMC

Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

Quote from: Chris-El on August 09, 2011, 10:47:44 AM
Friday at 8 works for me!

Ok - this Friday evening at 8pm eastern time is our trial run of this.

WillEagle

I don't have the right equipment to do this, but i do look foward to hear one on a future podcast.

golum113

Quote from: Rico on June 13, 2011, 09:00:54 AM
Sounds like a great time.  Now I just have to figure out a way to record it all.  Hmmm....I bet I could split the headset connection and feed it into my mixer.
been long time but if you it ill be there

golum113

Quote from: Rico on August 09, 2011, 03:33:02 PM
Quote from: Chris-El on August 09, 2011, 10:47:44 AM
Friday at 8 works for me!

Ok - this Friday evening at 8pm eastern time is our trial run of this.
cool do you need my game tag here or private