• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Trek Viewer Party??

Started by Duffster, June 13, 2011, 07:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

Ah right. Waves fist at the screen ;)

Dangelus

The sooner we get it and they put LoveFilm out of business, the better! :)

X

Quote from: Dangelus on August 12, 2011, 12:20:29 PM
Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on August 12, 2011, 12:09:25 PM
Yeah the UK doesnt have Netflix so thats a major problem LOL

There are ways around it. I had it fir a month. Loved it. Unfortunately they wouldn't let me pay for it after my free trial expired. :(
They changed things recently where you can now pay through paypal.

Rico

Just added:  golum113, Jobythehutt, and dvs x to my friends list on the XBOX.  Anyone else for tonight?

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on August 12, 2011, 04:24:49 PM
Just added:  golum113, Jobythehutt, and dvs x to my friends list on the XBOX.  Anyone else for tonight?

Wish I could.. sounds like it's going to be so much fun.

Rico

Well, due to some audio issues on the test I think we are going to do the streaming show next weekend using Skype and Netflix on computers.  I thought I could feed the XBOX audio to my mixer but it didn't seem to work.  Anyway, thanks to Chris and Golum for helping try this out tonight.

golum113

well i have fun talking to rico and x on the X-Box nice run  if that was him forgive me or not sooooooooo may be next time lets skype i just install it and got a mike so when rico does a skype send me e-mail

Ray

golum113

Quote from: Rico on August 12, 2011, 06:01:42 PM
Well, due to some audio issues on the test I think we are going to do the streaming show next weekend using Skype and Netflix on computers.  I thought I could feed the XBOX audio to my mixer but it didn't seem to work.  Anyway, thanks to Chris and Golum for helping try this out tonight.
thank you Rico to talk to you just tell the day and time on skype

Dangelus

Does netflix do a synchronised group video party?

If not and you're going to use skype then you don't really need to bs using netflix to join in.

Rico

Quote from: Dangelus on August 12, 2011, 06:46:06 PM

If not and you're going to use skype then you don't really need to bs using netflix to join in.

That is somewhat true.  But it will be easier to sync the episode and watch it this way.  I suppose you could be playing a DVD instead, if you want.  The point of this all along was to take advantage of the streaming of Trek on Netflix.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Rico on August 12, 2011, 07:43:07 PM
Quote from: Dangelus on August 12, 2011, 06:46:06 PM

That is somewhat true.  But it will be easier to sync the episode and watch it this way.  I suppose you could be playing a DVD instead, if you want.  The point of this all along was to take advantage of the streaming of Trek on Netflix.

Plus, its easier to hit start from 00:00 and your all in-sync with Netflix.  The DVDs may start at a different time than Netflix.  Plus, different players and etc and so forth.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Yep, exactly Tim.  I'm not opposed to others joining in via DVD, but you it just might be harder for you to get in sync with us.  I'll put up a poll soon on the TNG episode we will cover for next week.  I think we will plan to record on Saturday afternoon sometime (8/20).

ricdude

I'd imagine the latency differences in the initial buffering would make netflix more out of synch...

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: ricdude on August 13, 2011, 09:58:54 AM
I'd imagine the latency differences in the initial buffering would make netflix more out of synch...

That's why we would allow for pre-buffering at 00:00. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Yes.  When I have done something like this before I usually have everyone pause their video a couple of seconds into the episode at the same point.