• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Charlie Sheen...

Started by Rico, March 06, 2011, 03:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Yes, maybe time to start a thread about the latest crazy guy in the world of entertainment.  He's certainly been amusing to watch the last couple weeks.  Check out this awesome comic!

source:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/06/charlie-sheen-vs-galactus/

Dangelus

I missed the Charlie Sheen fiasco.

What did he actually say or do?

X

Quote from: Dangelus on March 06, 2011, 03:54:38 PM
I missed the Charlie Sheen fiasco.

What did he actually say or do?
Media blitz on how his life is great and he's tired of pretending that he's not special.

KingIsaacLinksr

Charlie is an idiot egotist who is given way more attention than he deserves.  Don't need a thread to give him anymore attention.  Heck, this post of mine shouldn't exist either.  But it does.  *argh*

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

M-5

Charlie Sheen made a right turn and is heading for Gary Buseyville.

sheldor

He needs professional help

X

I think that he's pretty brilliant. Regardless of what people think, he's dominated the air. He's broken world records on tv and twitter. He is bi-winning at this point.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: X on March 06, 2011, 04:35:57 PM
I think that he's pretty brilliant. Regardless of what people think, he's dominated the air. He's broken world records on tv and twitter. He is bi-winning at this point.

I guess it goes to show that people like train wrecks.  He's something to stare at, admire and laugh at/with.  I'll grant you that he's brilliant, he now has more attention than he did on 2 and a half men and that's saying something. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bryancd

x2. Sober, he's WAAAAYY more interesting. The booze was keeping this brilliance at bay!

"I have tiger blood and Adonis DNA", I'm putting that sh@t on my bike for my next race!

X

Quote from: Bryancd on March 06, 2011, 04:50:19 PM

x2. Sober, he's WAAAAYY more interesting. The booze was keeping this brilliance at bay!

"I have tiger blood and Adonis DNA", I'm putting that sh@t on my bike for my next race!
Well, you do, don't you Bryan?

Rico

Even before all this, I never found him funny or entertaining.  I tried to watch "Two and a Half Men" and it did nothing for me.  So, I guess I have no real interest in it or if it returns.  As for Sheen, he certainly is getting the attention.  But he also appears to be very troubled and perhaps slightly off his rocker.

Bryancd

Quote from: X on March 06, 2011, 05:05:58 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on March 06, 2011, 04:50:19 PM

Well, you do, don't you Bryan?

:flying

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on March 06, 2011, 05:09:46 PM
But he also appears to be very troubled and perhaps slightly off his rocker.

Off his rocker for sure, very troubled? I don't know yet. Clearly his rants are bizarre and wildly amusing, but I do think he is sober and this might be part of his 12 steps. Step 7...CRAZY TOWN, population Charlie. :)

X

Quote from: Bryancd on March 06, 2011, 05:13:42 PM
Quote from: Rico on March 06, 2011, 05:09:46 PM
But he also appears to be very troubled and perhaps slightly off his rocker.

Off his rocker for sure, very troubled? I don't know yet. Clearly his rants are bizarre and wildly amusing, but I do think he is sober and this might be part of his 12 steps. Step 7...CRAZY TOWN, population Charlie. :)
I think it's brilliant stream of consciousness rambling. I also know that he's a good actor. Whatever the cause behind this, he's still winning. Even as CBS cancels his show, he's pushing his name up higher. He's getting offers left and right. I think it's also pretty smart way of living. If he's off the drugs as the test show, he's living a life where they really aren't needed. The excitement is already there.

Rico

Winning?  What is he winning??  The guy has had trouble with substance abuse for years.  Whether he continues to work in the entertainment doesn't really matter to me (as I said above).  A good actor?  Sorry, I've never seen that.