• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace in 3D

Started by Geekyfanboy, March 03, 2011, 10:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace in 3D Opening Feb. 10, 2012
Source: 20th Century Fox
March 3, 2011

Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox announced the release date for Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace in 3D today:

Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox announced today that the 3D theatrical launch of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace now has an official release date – February 10, 2012! Set against the thrilling and exotic backdrop of a "galaxy far, far away," Star Wars is perfectly suited to the immersive 3D theatrical experience, and Episode I delivers some of the Saga's most stunning and spectacular sequences – from the Naboo invasion to the Tatooine Podraces to the climactic lightsaber battle between Darth Maul and the Jedi. Supervised by Industrial Light & Magic, the meticulous conversion is being done with utmost respect for the source material, and with a keen eye for both technological considerations and artistic intentions.

Read more: Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace in 3D Opening Feb. 10, 2012 - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=74918#ixzz1FYwfTEtN

Geekyfanboy

I so dislike the converted 3D movies.. but I know Lucas will do it right and I'm actually excited to see all these movies on the big screen again... sign me up

Bryancd

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on March 03, 2011, 10:32:20 AM
I so dislike the converted 3D movies.. but I know Lucas will do it right and I'm actually excited to see all these movies on the big screen again... sign me up

Oh, yeah, these are going to be done right. I'm there. :)

billybob476

I'm a bit tentative about this, I mean I want to see the movies on the big screen whenever I get the chance, but 3D tends to make me a bit nauseous.

QuadShot

X

Okay, this pisses me off. Episode 1 is the weakest of the series. I don't like it, but part of me really wants to see what he does with it and if 3D can make it better. I swore not to pay money again for some of these movies and here am I pondering paying more money to watch George beat a dead horse.

Rico

QuadShot

Quote from: X on March 03, 2011, 11:21:23 AM
Okay, this pisses me off. Episode 1 is the weakest of the series. I don't like it, but part of me really wants to see what he does with it and if 3D can make it better. I swore not to pay money again for some of these movies and here am I pondering paying more money to watch George beat a dead horse.

Hmmm....George beating a dead horse...IN 3D! That would sell!!! :)

billybob476

Quote from: QuadShot on March 03, 2011, 10:48:27 AM
billlybob, take some Dramamine :)
lol, I shouldnt have to get high to go to the movies!

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: billybob476 on March 03, 2011, 12:03:46 PM

Does Dramamine get you high??

Dangelus

Imagine, Jar Jar Binks right there in front of you, you could almost hit him! ;)

billybob476

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on March 03, 2011, 12:10:38 PM
Quote from: billybob476 on March 03, 2011, 12:03:46 PM

Does Dramamine get you high??
lol no but as I recall it kind of makes me pass out, though maybe I´m thinking of Gravol.

Dangelus

Btw my thoughts on this are as follows:

Probably will look very good, thus is Lucas after all, he will make sure the 3D is right. That being said I would rather see money spent on the rumoured Live Action TV series being development and / or new movies!

KingIsaacLinksr

The live action series has been put on indefinite hold until they can find a way to make it cheaper. 

I'm cautious about this, but idk if I'll watch it.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Meds

Oh its going to be awful. Jar Jar's ears flying at you sheeeeesh. Look for a start the script is terrible, no matter how much you polish it, its still a turd.

George. Make a new film.

Of course i'll still go and see it and hate myself even more for being sucked into his huge gold laced wallet.