• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

The Clone Wars - TV Series

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 02, 2008, 10:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feathers

Most sites or technology that allow that sort of thing are blocked here. I haven't tried the TSF site stuff specifically but even if it works I believe it would be havily frowned upon :(

Edit: Nope, no flash and no Admin rights to install  :wallbash:

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

billybob476

I missed the episode last night (when it airs in Canada). I poked around and honestly now I'm annoyed.

Here's the thing. I know I live in Canada. I know there's DMCA rules blah blah etc.

I really like this show, I know I can go to bittorrent and get it, but I'd rather not for some reason.

I go to cartoonnetwork.com. I can't view the video because "It's not available in all areas"

I go to starwars.com, same result.

I go to iTunes, it is not available for download on the Canadian iTunes store.

I know it's not on Hulu but I can't watch anything from there either (The Office, SNL, etc). Same with any videos on Sci Fi.

I know I can set up a proxy and spoof my source IP to originate in the US but I refuse to do it. I get Clone Wars here, I PAY MONEY to get NBC shows here. Why should I have to do end runs around security measures to watch things I pay for already.

Honestly it just makes me angry. I don't live in Zimbabwe, I live in Canada. I can drive to the US in 45 minutes. I WANT to get this stuff legally. But I can't. Fine, I'll go to bittorrent and "illegally" download it.

Grrr.

Rico

What episode are you on?  I can help you out.  But I know, it's really silly.  Do they rerun these in Canada??

billybob476

Yeah they do re-run them, I'll catch it. No worries. It just makes me mad that I can't get to media because I live and hour north of Buffalo. The thing that really gets me is iTunes. They REALLY drag their asses pushing new content to stores aside from the US one. That just doesn't make sense to me whatsoever.

Bryancd

Another great episode this Friday. Some more adult language and content and Iliked the new Commando Battle Droids, a bit more professional.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: billybob476 on October 27, 2008, 09:30:20 AM
Yeah they do re-run them, I'll catch it. No worries. It just makes me mad that I can't get to media because I live and hour north of Buffalo. The thing that really gets me is iTunes. They REALLY drag their asses pushing new content to stores aside from the US one. That just doesn't make sense to me whatsoever.

I agree.. I have the same issue with British TV shows.. I think if they air on public TV, once they have aired they should be available online for everyone to download.

Feathers

Quote from: StarTrekFanatic5 on October 27, 2008, 09:36:08 AM
I agree.. I have the same issue with British TV shows.. I think if they air on public TV, once they have aired they should be available online for everyone to download.
Do you mean aired on public TV 'in your country of residence' or anywhere in the world? In your case, I assume you mean once the shows have aired in the US rather than over here?

I only ask as in the specific case of the BBC (which is is publically funded), as one of those who funds it I would still expect an export revenue stream to be available for the stuff they make even after they've been shown over here. Once they have been shown, then I agree that some form of download could be appropriate, but I'm not sure for how long that should be available. (Personally, I'd like access to it at all times  but again, as a licence fee payer, I'd at least like them to consider how best to maximise revenue...and minimise my licence fee)

:offtopic ***you may want to split this thread since I know I'm not discussing Clone Wars here anymore

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Geekyfanboy

Bring this back on topic.. have you guys checked out the comic strips each week that go along with the new episodes of clone wars?

http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/comic/

Bryancd

I have looked at these Kenny, but I can't read them well on my screen at work or home. I need to print them out I think.

wraith1701

Thanks for the link, Kenny; this looks pretty cool! :trooper

Meds

Just seen episode 1 coutesy of Kenny ( Ahem ) and I am shocked at how good this is. So much like the original films and not like the child friendly ( sorry marketing ) films we've come to expect from this franchise. Yoda is perfect and i love the way Dooky looks.

wraith1701

I finally got to see episode 5, and this is hands-down my favorite episode so far!  The way the clones were portrayed as unique individuals was very well done, and the action scenes were very well executed.   It was kind of funny hearing Obi-Wan go on and on about what a great soldier Cody is, especially considering what happens with Order 66.  And I like how Rex recruited the "Shines" into the 501st.  Cool stuff.  ;D

jedijeff

I finally get to contribute to this thread, as we finally got caught up with the episodes here in Canada last night. I must say I am really liking this series, it is a lot of fun, I like the clones a lot, they have a lot of character like wraith said. Really like these episode with Grievous as well. These things look Fantastic on HD, that is why I hold off on trying to find them online before they air up here.

Darrell

I'm probably the last person on the planet (or elsewhere) to see this.  I avoided the movie like the plague, but last night decided to give this show a chance.

I still think the character models are awful (I made better 15 years ago when I was doing such things), but the stories and voice actors are great!  It's one of those things I can just get into, enjoy the ride, & forget about the world for a while.

So I give it an unexpected thumbs up!

Geekyfanboy

Loved last night's episode.. I'm a huge R2 fan so I was looking forward to this one and it didn't disappoint. And of course when it ended I jumped from the couch and yelled no....I like that they are doing continuing story over a few episodes as well as having stand alone episodes. I love getting my dose of Star Wars every week.