• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

The Clone Wars - TV Series

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 02, 2008, 10:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Ready....with my DVR. It's on at 9:00pm here, past my bed time!

Rico

Well, I enjoyed the first two episodes.  I really liked the Yoda part where he was talking to each of the Clone Troopers.  They seemed to be trying to make Yoda much more like "Empire Strikes Back" era Yoda in this episode.  They are putting maybe a bit too much droid humor in it, but I'm sure little kids love that stuff.  Overall, I think they are off to a good start.  Looking forward to talking about it more today on the Skype call.

moyer777

I too really enjoyed these. So much so that I watched them with Catherine first, then with the boys later when they got home. 

I liked the first one for the Yoda scene (the one you talked about Rico) and him doing his Jedi stuff.  Cool.

I liked the second one for it's more serious tone- and anytime you get to hang out in space and see all the cool ships, gadgets and battles, well, that is simply awesome.  Great stories, excellent character development.

I really like how they are exploring how a clone feels- the expendable crewman.  Some of the folks care for them, others don't.  That is pretty deep. 

I am overall very impressed by this.  Can't wait for more!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

ElfManDan

Just watched the first two episodes, thought they were very good. I really enjoyed the first one with Yoda and the second one was pretty good as well. The kids are definitely getting a real treat.

wraith1701

Just a heads-up...

You can download the Preview Special for free on iTunes, and purchase the first two episodes there for just $1.99. 

Bryancd

Finally had a chance to watch them last night and really enjoyed it. Yoda was more an ESB Yoda and I loved his speech to the clones while the ESB music palyed in the background. Cool to see the Tydorian home world as well. The second episode was much more gritty and I finally get Plo Kloon, he's actually a cool character as envisioned here.

Yeoman Mara

I liked the shows a lot.  Ahsoka is fun and the animation is so cool.  I'll be watching every week!
A redhead with a lightsaber is a dangerous combination!

Bryancd

I just watched the first episode again and have more positive comments. What made Yoda so great was...his laugh. We haven't heard that since ESB. It made him so much more real, much more than in the prequels. You realize this ancient, wise master is like a kid at heart. Once he is in battle, all the seriousness drops away and he is young, like we never saw him but can now imagine him. He FEELS so deeply about everything...the tree, the rock, the clone, the birds, the beauty of the universe, the sublime power of the Force, Yoda's casual command over Ventress, wonderful.
I also liked seeing more of the Toydarians, they became a much more honorable species as opposed to the greedy one we had with Watto. In one episode I learned as much about the Star Wars Universe as I have in an entire film.
I LOVE THIS SHOW.
Tomorrow I am going to watch the second episode again and love it even more.

Geekyfanboy

Well I was finally about to sit down before work today and watch the first two episodes on this series... I LOVED THEM...

What a great way to start the series with a Yoda episode. And as many have said this was the ESB Yoda.. when he gave his speech to the clones about how special each one was and with the music, not even realizing it I had tears in my eyes.. it amazes me that a cartoon can move me so much but then again it's Star Wars and Star Wars has always been very special to me.

Episode two was fun.. gotta to see more of the Anakin and Ahsoka's relationship which I really enjoyed from the movie.

I can't wait for more of this series.. I'm so excited that I'll get 30 minutes (well 22 minutes) of Star Wars goodness each week.

billybob476

As I posted in the shoutbox, I only saw the first ep. They didn't do the back to back thing on CTV in Canada. The Yoda episode was AMAZING. I really enjoyed it. As others have said, they poured on the droid humour a little think, but I think that's there for the kids.

The one thing that bugged me about the driods was their incompetence. They are slow to respond to orders, they're bad shots, etc etc. You'd think as robots they'd at the very least be attentive to orders. The commander should have to repeat himself to machines.

That aside, if the series stays like this it'll be amazing!

Darth Gaos

Yay! Star Wars is back!  I loved the first two, for many of the same reasons already stated.  I cannot wait for this Friday!
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

ElfManDan

I just want to say since it's been brought up so much, the Battle Droids. I don't think this was a wise idea. First, much of the audience was adults. I know it's a kid's show, but I don't think kids are stupid, I don't think the writers need to talk down the droids so much. Kid's like the Star Wars films, kids like Doctor Who and neither of those really talk down to children at all (excluding Jar Jar). I think it could be better made as a family show honestly then a kids show (Sure it's an animation, but look how many of us watch it and I don't think animation is limited to just children anyway). The show would get the wider audience and are more likely to pick up people who aren't as big fans of Star Wars whose children may watch the show.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Sheppard on October 08, 2008, 10:20:48 AM
I just want to say since it's been brought up so much, the Battle Droids. I don't think this was a wise idea. First, much of the audience was adults. I know it's a kid's show, but I don't think kids are stupid, I don't think the writers need to talk down the droids so much. Kid's like the Star Wars films, kids like Doctor Who and neither of those really talk down to children at all (excluding Jar Jar). I think it could be better made as a family show honestly then a kids show (Sure it's an animation, but look how many of us watch it and I don't think animation is limited to just children anyway). The show would get the wider audience and are more likely to pick up people who aren't as big fans of Star Wars whose children may watch the show.

You know the droids humor annoyed me for the first few mintues.. but then I got use to it and it didn't really bother me.. plus all the other cool stuff made up for it.

Bryancd

I am suprised as well how little the droids are bugging me. I actually laughed a few times at them....not with them. ;)

ElfManDan

To be honest I really can't stand it. I don't think it's really necessary to the show, I think the show could do better without it.