• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Star Trek Online

Started by Riskygodfather, November 16, 2005, 02:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingIsaacLinksr

That is one bad corrupted file...I hope that didn't screw anything else up. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

billybob476

When you load the launcher it should do a 'verify' which could repair corrupt files. If not, a reinstall might have to take place.

Rico

Quote from: billybob476 on February 28, 2010, 06:30:06 AM
When you load the launcher it should do a 'verify' which could repair corrupt files. If not, a reinstall might have to take place.

Thanks.  I'll check into it later on today after I do the podcast.

billybob476

Just got back from visiting my folks in Montreal. To be more precise, when you opent he laucnher click 'options' on the top horizontal menu and select the option 'Force verify'.

Blackride

Rico, better get playing before they institute a death penalty :)
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

billybob476

I'll be glad! What's the point of dying if nothing bad happens? They haven't mentioned what it is yet as far as I know.

Rico

Quote from: Blackride on March 01, 2010, 01:47:29 PM

Yeah - that's kind of true.  I hope to have some time to try more this week.  Hey - what day of the week is the normal "patch day" for this game?  Or has it be random so far?

Blackride

Quote from: Rico on March 01, 2010, 02:26:45 PM
Quote from: Blackride on March 01, 2010, 01:47:29 PM

Yeah - that's kind of true.  I hope to have some time to try more this week.  Hey - what day of the week is the normal "patch day" for this game?  Or has it be random so far?

It's been kinda random to this point. Some small and some big patches.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

billybob476

Better then Eve, they have maintenance every day!

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: billybob476 on March 02, 2010, 05:58:59 AM
Better then Eve, they have maintenance every day!

I'll take the less than an hour maintenance schedule anyday to Wow's irritatingly bad timing schedules.  Seriously, Tuesday is the WORST day you could schedule WoW maintenance. 

=P

King

P.S. how is DT hurting you?  Your on the same time zone as me and if your up that late, your up too late lol!

billybob476

Oh it never bothered me much. I didn't play Eve very long, I wish I had the time to get into it but I'm much too casual to be able to get into it to the degree I wanted to.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: billybob476 on March 02, 2010, 10:24:54 AM
Oh it never bothered me much. I didn't play Eve very long, I wish I had the time to get into it but I'm much too casual to be able to get into it to the degree I wanted to.

That's cool, and understandable.  Eve-O is kinda a niche game.  Your either into it, or your not.  :)

King

billybob476

Yeah I don't get people that put Eve down. It's a very cool, very deep, very beautiful looking game. I wish I had the time to get into it for real. It is a very, very different game then STO.

RickPeete

Life has been getting in the way of my gaming time!  I hate when that happens!  lol

Did I miss something? Are they instituting a dealth penalty in STO? I wonder what they would do? Damaged components you would have to replace or pay to have repaired in spacedock?  That would really interrupt game play if you died and then had to zone out.

Or maybe that 'Replicator' button would actually do something useful and allow you to 'replicate' the damage/unusable components (the non-rare ones only).

billybob476

Personally I think it would make a ton of sense to have a kind of durability on your ships components. The more you explode, the more 'damaged' they become. Maybe you would be able to dispatch damage control teams to repair which would use up some energy credits and give you a minor debuff while the repairs are going on.

Otherwise you could put into a station or repair dock for instant and cheaper repairs.