Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

WHAT VIDEO GAME ARE YOU PLAYING??

Started by golum113, June 13, 2009, 11:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

Quote from: Jobydrone on March 18, 2013, 08:49:24 AM
Quote from: Rico on March 18, 2013, 08:30:50 AM
I just finally bought Wings of Liberty a week or so ago for only $20.  Need to dig into it.  I've become patient with buying games.  If you wait a bit they drop a lot in price.  I played a pretty good amount of the first Starcraft game so I'm looking forward to getting back into that world.
This is a great strategy, especially lately when game prices sometimes drop as much as 50% in a few short weeks.  I have a hard time waiting with games I'm super excited for.  I'm pretty resigned to being a day one adopter for whatever new consoles release this holiday...saving up now!

I've heard the single player campaign in the original Starcraft 2 and the recent expansion are top notch, which is what's tempting me to try, since I've no interest in the competitive multiplayer scene.

I've also heard that blizzard has hired the best "female behind" modelers in the industry for Heat of the Swarm :)

Jen

I'm lame...I'm still plinking away at Skyrim and Mass Effect 3. I just offed a major dragon (I'm remaining spoiler free) and returned to "the real world". I have no idea if I reached the end of the game or if I should return to someone to get a pat on the back. Esh. I did get an Achievement of Dragon Slayer. Nice title. Posting this on our FB Group page too, to see if my gamer Anomalies have any additional tips :D
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

On a separate note, I am also playing Star Wars: The Old Republic with Angela and her husband, Jim. I have an Imperial Agent and a Jedi Knight, but they're only level 6 and 7. Angela and Jim can't play very much and we prefer to work together, otherwise I think I'd be ranked higher. :/  I'm itching to play again. It's a lot of fun. I wish Star Trek Online turned out to be more than it is. I eagerly anticipated that game and I hear it turned out to be a total bomb.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

ChrisMC

Quote from: Jen on July 12, 2013, 11:32:20 AM
On a separate note, I am also playing Star Wars: The Old Republic with Angela and her husband, Jim. I have an Imperial Agent and a Jedi Knight, but they're only level 6 and 7. Angela and Jim can't play very much and we prefer to work together, otherwise I think I'd be ranked higher. :/  I'm itching to play again. It's a lot of fun. I wish Star Trek Online turned out to be more than it is. I eagerly anticipated that game and I hear it turned out to be a total bomb.
Star Trek Online is OK. My son LOVES it. I got to the highest level and gave up. I have a few characters on TOR, I like that a bit more than Star Trek Online...it captures the universe in a MMO game setting a bit better.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Jobydrone

I used to be a huge WoW nerd, so for me not to enjoy a Star Trek MMO it has to be pretty, pretty, pretty, bad.  It never hooked me at all.

I have a good Skyrim tip for you Jen, although its fairly obvious and you might already know this. Minor, minor spoilers here, not even worth covering up:  If you have gotten to the part of the story where you fairly early on meet the Dragon Monks at e top of the big mountain in the middle of the map, after you finish their training section, you can go back and talk to the main leader up there and he will give you a clue about the location of a new shout power, and mark it on your map.  You can keep going back to him over and over until you have all the shout runes in the game.

From what you described it sounds like you've finished the main story but there's probably tons left for you to do, and I've heard there's two pieces of (rather expensive) DLC that are excellent and combined add about another 12-15 hours of gameplay, new quests, and areas to enjoy.  For you, that would translate to about another year or two of gaming so it's definitely worth picking them up!  ;)
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Jobydrone

Tonight I finally pulled the trigger and activated a ten day free trial I've had on my WoW account for Mists of Pandaria. It feels really, really weird being back in WoW.  My characters are completely different, they've totally changed the talent systems and I was pretty confused at first. I'm playing my Mage, and I've got some new abilities and some others have gone away, but fundamentally not much has changed. It's still a lot to wrap my mind around.

As far as what I've seen of the new content, it all seems very familiar. I'm about half way to 86 now, and the quests I've completed so far are very well done. They've mastered the ability to lead you from area to area while expertly keeping content and story going along the way without a lot of backtracking, getting lost, or feeling like you are aimlessly wandering. The exploration is the most fun.  The art in the game is simple and lovely, and there's lots of humor in the writing if you take the time to talk to the NPCs you run across as you visit new areas.

The worst thing I've experienced is the realization that my computer is on its last legs.  It can barely run this game now, and WoW has traditionally been one of the most forgiving games when it comes to supporting old hardware.  I really need a new system.

It remains to be seen if I'll re-up my sub when the trial runs out. I'm going to play as much as I can over the next ten days and we'll see. so far I'm really enjoying being back in Azeroth.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Welcome back Joby!  What server are you on now and what's character's name?  I'm still on Earthen Ring playing my mage Reico - just not online very often.

Jobydrone

My two 85s are Horde on the server Rivendare. One of the benefits of coming back to the game is that Blizzard offered me a bunch of incentives, one of which is bumping any of my toons up to 85 if I choose. I am pretty sure I have a couple alliance toons on Earthen Ring, I think my Dranei Priest is still in the Trek SF Guild unless you booted me. And I might have a Dwarf Hunter I abandoned somewhere in the Burning Crusade content. Maybe I'll use that Blizzard buff to level one of my toons so he can play with Reico if you have time over the next week or so.

Jobydrone

Actually I have to pull the trigger and buy the game and resub if I want to use those benefits so we'll see if that happens. Kind of depends on my wife's level of patience which is not that high lately lol.

Jobydrone

So now Im playing Fable 3, which came free with my replacement Xbox last time I red ringed and I never got around to playing it.  It's actually pretty fun in parts but not different enough from Fable 2 to warrant a sequel in my book.  It's pretty buggy as well, I'm surprised a lot of the messiness was left in and never got patched.  But it's cool enough to keep me playing for now.  It's a pretty game though, with an almost cell shaded feel to the art that is very appealing.  The spell effects are neat too.  All in all I'm enjoying it.