• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Trek Online

Started by Riskygodfather, November 16, 2005, 02:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X

Quote from: Blackride on February 06, 2010, 12:18:35 PM
The game is decent, but I would not say great imo. If you like Trek you will like the game. Unfortunately I think that if you aren't into Trek at all this game is not going to satisfy the consumers like WoW does/did. There is a real lack of community or world for me so far. I feel like this is a single player game right now. Even when you are in big battles with 20 different people, it still feels very much single player. This is not a bad thing if you are into that.

There is also a lot less feeling of satisfaction in the game when compared to EQII,WoW,SWG, and DAOC. For example you SHOULD get xp for every new place you enter, but you don't. You should get more XP for destroying or killing things, but you don't.

Please don't mis-understand me, I am enjoying the game because I enjoy Trek. I am just giving you my honest opinion of someone who put TONS of hours into MMO's over the last 10 years. If you like Trek you will overcome the things I said above :)
Why should you get more XP for destroying and killing things? Doesn't that go counter to Trek as a property?

Blackride

Quote from: Just X on February 06, 2010, 12:42:46 PM
Why should you get more XP for destroying and killing things? Doesn't that go counter to Trek as a property?

You could argue that but it's really is non stop killing. There are very few delivery or negotation missions.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Blackride

Well the good sign is that the servers are full and there is a queue for log on!
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Dangelus

Hmmm I am very tempted to give this a go but I think I am going to wait. I'm not a massive gamer anyway and I think this would eat into my time too much right now.

Hopefully after a few revisions this game will mature into a must have.

Rico

Are others getting long queue's and waits to log in?  I tried about an hour ago and it said there was about 750 people in from of me to login.  I decided not to wait.  I hope this gets better soon.

billybob476

I've logged in twice today with no queues.

RickPeete

I am playing now but I started in the queue for about 15 minutes.  I was number 118 out of 554!

sheldor

Quote from: Rico on February 06, 2010, 02:43:31 PM
Are others getting long queue's and waits to log in?  I tried about an hour ago and it said there was about 750 people in from of me to login.  I decided not to wait.  I hope this gets better soon.

Sounds like the wow days of old..

Rico

Quote from: billybob476 on February 06, 2010, 03:25:02 PM

Really?  How can that be??  I just don't get this.  I've tried a few times and each time have a very long wait.  I'd rather go play WOW than wait.

Blackride

Quote from: Rico on February 06, 2010, 03:56:43 PM
Quote from: billybob476 on February 06, 2010, 03:25:02 PM

Really?  How can that be??  I just don't get this.  I've tried a few times and each time have a very long wait.  I'd rather go play WOW than wait.

It depends when you log on. From about 2-4pm est it was slammed.

RickPeete

Okay so this is going to sound dumb.

The number next to your rank is your 'grade' within that rank, right?  I am a Lt.Grade 8 (two grades to next rank).  But how do I know what 'level' I am?

I would think that when I reach the next rank of Lt. Cmdr, that number will go back to '1' as I go through the ten levels of Lt. Cmdr.

Hmmm....  I am logged out for now.  Gonna spend some human time with my son -- we are going out for Mexican food tonight! Yum!

Might get back on around 9PM CST if time permits.

billybob476

As I understand it each rank has 10 grades so as Lt. Grade 8 you are level 8.

Lt 1 - 10
Lt. Cmdr 11 - 20
Cmdr 21 - 30
Capt 30 - 40
Admiral 40 - 50

That's in keeping with Cryptic games that tend to have 50 as a level cap.

RickPeete

Hmmm.. okay that makes total sense.  Doh!

Well after my next mish I will be a level 9.  A little more to go and I will move up to Lt. Cmdr and get a new ship slot (I think)!

I am liking Admiral Quinn's missions a lot.  Good XP, drops, and BO points!

Blackride

The Cruiser is a nice ship. It's makes space battles fun since you are not bogged down by a slow moving ship!

Rico