News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Star Trek Online

Started by Riskygodfather, November 16, 2005, 02:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

Quote from: Bryancd on January 21, 2010, 10:44:28 AM
You watched a video of people playing a video game?!
Indeed!  At Giant Bomb.com, they do "quick looks" which is kind of like Mystery Science Theater 3000 for video games.  They offer some genuinely funny commentary and insight into the games they cover.  It's been especially interesting to watch the Star Trek MMO since my computer can't handle it.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bryancd

Jobydrone

No I can't access most gaming sites at work.  But if you go to Giantbomb.com, then click on features you should find them all.  They are up to part six for the trek MMO.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Go visit your local Del Taco for cups and other game promotional tie-in's.

Star Trek Online Del Taco Shuttle 'pet'

http://www.startrekonline.com/deltaco

Blackride

Quote from: Rico on January 24, 2010, 05:52:03 AM
Go visit your local Del Taco for cups and other game promotional tie-in's.

Interesting tie-in. It's original!
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

billybob476

I cracked and went for the lifetime membership. This way I can switch between it and WoW without feeling bad! Early birthday present for me.

Blackride

I am still trying to wrap my arms around this game. I just upgraded my pc and put on windows 7 also. This game seems to be a bit un-stable at this point with 7. I am sure it's just a beta thing.

There are definetly more people playing the last few days. It's VERY hard to keep track of what's going on sometimes since they throw a zillion ships at you at once! That takes some getting used to.....

Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

X

Quote from: Blackride on January 24, 2010, 03:42:46 PM
I am still trying to wrap my arms around this game. I just upgraded my pc and put on windows 7 also. This game seems to be a bit un-stable at this point with 7. I am sure it's just a beta thing.

There are definetly more people playing the last few days. It's VERY hard to keep track of what's going on sometimes since they throw a zillion ships at you at once! That takes some getting used to.....

I have 7 and I haven't had any stability problems at all. It might be your system and not the game. The swarms of ships is a big thing though. I like how they have fighters now.

billybob476

Yea I know they've been having more issues with ATI cards then NVidia. There's a ton of potential combinations of things that can cause a problem. Win7 might be a contributor, but it may not.

Jobydrone

Quote from: billybob476 on January 24, 2010, 09:20:32 AM
I cracked and went for the lifetime membership. This way I can switch between it and WoW without feeling bad! Early birthday present for me.
So cool!  So that means you get a Borg playable character?  I gather thats going to be an independent Borg as opposed to a part of the collective.  Is he PvP only or is he going to have a questline and level progression associated with him?

Rico

Very cool Joe!  :)

billybob476

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on January 25, 2010, 04:53:39 AM
So cool!  So that means you get a Borg playable character?  I gather thats going to be an independent Borg as opposed to a part of the collective.  Is he PvP only or is he going to have a questline and level progression associated with him?

I'm not sure of the in-game details. I know it's a 'freed' borg (7 of 9 style) and has cool abilities like 'efficiency' and 'nanites'. I didn't get to play it in Beta, only once the head start begins on Friday.

Jobydrone

Quote from: billybob476 on January 25, 2010, 06:07:06 AM
I'm not sure of the in-game details. I know it's a 'freed' borg (7 of 9 style) and has cool abilities like 'efficiency' and 'nanites'. I didn't get to play it in Beta, only once the head start begins on Friday.

I have a feeling that as the game matures (if it does well) that the Klingon faction will develop into as fully realized of a campaign as the Federation has currently.  Although I wasn't there at the launch of WoW, what I've heard is the the Alliance had a heck of alot more to do at launch than the Horde did, and that the Horde races/questlines developed gradually over time.  Hopefully this happens with the Klingons and maybe even there are plans to do this with the Borg as well!  Three unique, competing factions with unique "episodes" would do alot to set this game apart from other MMOs out there now.

billybob476

Indeed, the fact that Klijngopns are much more PvP-centric is a very cool idea. I like the way the experiences between both factions are quite different. Hopefully they'll continue on this road as things develop.

billybob476

So Rico, now that you've carted the big computer with you to IL, can we expect to see you in STO come Feb 2?