• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Season 10 OOC

Started by Jen, June 18, 2009, 10:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Be sure to read the posts carefully everyone. There are some details that have been missed, which were laid out in a few previous posts.  

I went back and tweaked Sevryll's post, where she witnessed the shuttle going into the cloaked ship, because of the number of other posts that followed where the away team was still in the shuttle bay. It's no biggie, a little over lap is cool, but we have to be careful not to jump around too much. It could get confusing because we have so many writers this season.   :)

We wrote that the senators are clustered in the engine room for protection (second post). The Arabella's bridge crew scanned for survivors and located 20 that were concentrated in that one area. We can write that the interference that has kept them from getting transporter locks, initially prevented them from locating more survivors.. that's not a problem at all. Just be sure to look for things like that.

I'm really am enjoying everyone's perspectives. Great job on the visual descriptions and the little asides. Keep up the good work.  :)

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Bryancd

My bad, I didn't catch the head count, I wrote that at 5:00am this morning when I got into my officce.

I figure 20 Senators in the Engine Room safe and sound and myabe we have another 20-30 refugees locked up in the cargo hold. This might eliminate the need to encounter another ship later in the story as we will have a diverse cast of characters aboard the Arabella to create drama and mischief. :)

Jen

We had planed on having a few Romulans who beamed over from the Warbird to the disabled Romulan transport, who would end up scuffling with the awayteam. Maybe it's some of these refuges instead. I think the team should try not to use their phasers to defend themselves—they are on a rescue mission and they know the Romulans are skittish...It might create good tension for the rest of the story, if one of the awayteam ends up stunning someone who becomes a problem later on. Maybe this happens between Shelby and Nahla. We're working on a joint post now that will place the team in the cloaked ship. Shelby may be guarding the runabout. She could have her confrontation there in the bay. That's just one idea. Let us get the series of docking posts up first and then you guys can put your heads together for that.

Also, Galdar has found a singularity in the warp drive that will end up destroying the Romulan transport. I am working on a post with Feathers that will add even more urgency to the mission to rescue the survivors.

The team will have to get the survivors off the ship ASAP. The runabout can only transport 40 peole at a time. There are twenty in the engine room...there are five awayteam members so that means there can only be about fifteen other survivors,  including Nahla...unless the team makes two trips or we decided they don't end up saving everyone on time.

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Quote from: Bryancd on June 29, 2009, 07:01:18 AM
My bad, I didn't catch the head count, I wrote that at 5:00am this morning when I got into my officce.

I figure 20 Senators in the Engine Room safe and sound and myabe we have another 20-30 refugees locked up in the cargo hold. This might eliminate the need to encounter another ship later in the story as we will have a diverse cast of characters aboard the Arabella to create drama and mischief. :)

Yes, that could work too. I think we will eventually run into the Warbird though. They will want to inspect Arabella.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Bryancd

Quote from: Jen on June 29, 2009, 07:07:47 AM
We had planed on having a few Romulans who beamed over from the Warbird to the disabled Romulan transport, who would end up scuffling with the awayteam. Maybe it's some of these refuges instead. I think the team should try not to use their phasers to defend themselves—they are on a rescue mission and they know the Romulans are skittish...It might create good tension for the rest of the story, if one of the awayteam ends up stunning someone who becomes a problem later on. Maybe this happens between Shelby and Nahla. We're working on a joint post now that will place the team in the cloaked ship. Shelby may be guarding the runabout. She could have her confrontation there in the bay. That's just one idea. Let us get the series of docking posts up first and then you guys can put your heads together for that.

The team will have to get the survivors off the ship ASAP. The runabout can only transport 40 peole at a time. There are twenty in the engine room...there are five awayteam members so that means there can only be about fifteen other survivors,  including Nahla...unless the team makes two trips or we decided they don't end up saving everyone on time.

Great idea, I'll get together with Shelby on that and 15 extra Romulans works just as well.

Feathers

It's been stated a few times that the ship's partially cloaked so there's an opportunity for all sorts of things to be sitting undetected in the areas of the ship that are still cloaked (i.e. more refugees).

The only reason Galdar detected the singularity containment problem was because something passed through the cloak in the right place at the right time to pierce the shielding effect.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Meds

If we've got to get them off quick may i ask if D'Callan and either Shelby or Aeric stay on board the romulan ship while they're going back and forth and K'Tan stays with Drett (they can have some awkward chat with each other). Just A suggestion. :-)

Geekyfanboy

Hey Chris.. question... Post #36 "Joint post by the usual suspects" I actually need to know who help wrote it for the RR. If you could please list all the joint writers that would help me out alot.. thanks. BTW.. who joint wrote post #36?

Jen

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Jen on June 30, 2009, 11:08:46 AM
Chris wrote #36.

Then why did he put "Joint post by the usual suspects"

Jen

I don't know, but the first paragraph had been apart of a joint post the four of us were working on (all the people who had posted the previous four joint posts).  I modified the post and removed "Joint post by the usual suspects" because he wrote everything in that post, even though part of it had been in a joint post people were working on.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Feathers

You know the way D'Callan thinks! ;)

Meds

Ha ha oh Shelby, Shelby you know me so well. :)

Feathers

Oh don't get him arrested in this reality too!

Bryancd

Shelby and I are almost done with a joint post in the hanger deck, so you all can rescue the survivors and start heading back there at you convenience.