• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Season 10 OOC

Started by Jen, June 18, 2009, 10:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

My bad, sorry Jen, sorry Chris should have checked fist. Personally though i think three security officers are needed. We don't know whats going on over there and it's not like the tos days where security just looks like they are there for a fight. (Although I've just read dingheads post and man is Darius a wild card ha ha ) On another point i'm so happy to have writers wanting to join in and be excited to have their character involved that i don't see the problem, especially if we want to keep the story flowing if i have to ask the XO or the Captain about every detail i'm not going to be posting every day because of time difference. I undertand the need for rank in Trek etc but i think we need to keep a bit of artistic licence for creativity.
I'm hoping i'm not sounding too defensive by the way, just putting my point of view over,  Crystal had a good idea we could have Dunn disguised as a medic, that way he would still be involved but disguised.  :)

Feathers

Hmmm. Tricky one.

I can understand both points of view as personally I'd have Galdar flying the runabout and Tolok and Gariss along to help if needed. I also have a 'reality' streak though, and that means I'd go with the mission as called by the XO.

The fact is that we have so many writers and good characters now that we have to accept that not everyone can do everything.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bryancd

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on June 28, 2009, 01:24:06 AM
My bad, sorry Jen, sorry Chris should have checked fist. Personally though i think three security officers are needed. We don't know whats going on over there and it's not like the tos days where security just looks like they are there for a fight. (Although I've just read dingheads post and man is Darius a wild card ha ha ) On another point i'm so happy to have writers wanting to join in and be excited to have their character involved that i don't see the problem, especially if we want to keep the story flowing if i have to ask the XO or the Captain about every detail i'm not going to be posting every day because of time difference. I undertand the need for rank in Trek etc but i think we need to keep a bit of artistic licence for creativity.
I'm hoping i'm not sounding too defensive by the way, just putting my point of view over,  Crystal had a good idea we could have Dunn disguised as a medic, that way he would still be involved but disguised.  :)

x2. Well said, Meds. Dunn doesn't have to go, D'Callan can decide to have him stay behind, I just wanted to get him into the story.  :dry

X

I understand where you are coming from, but at the same time, not everyone can be on the away mission. When putting together the team, it wasn't an arbitrary decision. There were more people on the list, but it had to be cut for space on the ship and so that we aren't taking the most skilled people on the mission. As nice as it would be to pack the ship with security, there needs to be a level of respect given to the people we are trying to save. When you look at the lineup you will see that only the doctor isn't combat trained in some way.

Galdar was on the list to be the pilot and the chief engineer was also on the list, but if all the big names are in the shuttle who is going to watch the house?

I'd also like to point out that getting on the away team isn't the only story. It isn't even the primary story. It's trying to get some people on the ship. Some of these people might even be the allies that we have had for years.

Feathers

Galdar's about to raise some problems on the bridge so he's better off where he is. Hopefully those problems will also keep Tolok busy :)

I'm fine where I am - I said I understood the draw of the away team but equally, I prefer to read a story that fills out life on the ship while the away-team's off playing. What I do is simply try and invent a story around my people wherever history has put them.

I did that for Galdar in the last season and look where that ended up :D

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Jen

Bryan don't forget you have a new character on the Romulan vessel. I remember you asking me if she could be there. I figured that would give you an in to that story without including more Starfleet characters on the away mission. There are plenty of things for characters on the ship to be doing. Sevryll gave orders for security to prepare for the evacuees by securing the essential areas. She gave orders to the engineering department too. You don't have to be on the away mission to join the story, but  If ANYONE wants to be in those upcoming scenes, please consider playing one of the Romulans on the disabled vessel. You are more than welcome to do so. We need some puppeteers to play our cast of evacuees.  

There is plenty of room for artistic license, but we're also trying to write a story that parallels the protocol we've all seen on the Trek series. That's why the Captain is staying behind and why the XO chose the away team and is leading it.  I am not trying to be a Nazi here, just trying to keep the story going in a straight line. The more writers we get, the more difficult that becomes sometimes. I may PM people more often to ask them to tweak little details that were overlooked..I'm not singling anyone out. :)   Everyone is doing a great job writing in the story. The outline we've put together gives everyone a chance to jump in and do something. The story is just beginning there is so much more to go. This is only a blip on the radar.  Remember there will be another ship we have to rescue that will be filled with Romulans with differing views from the ones we are picking up now. They will clash. There will be a murder on the ship. Security will be very busy. Arabella will also run into the Warbird. You'll have a chance there too. :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds

Dunn so far is not mentioned that he is on board the shuttle, i've just checked all the posts. So D'callan can easily have called for Dunn to be over seeing the shuttle bay for when we arrive back. The only people mentioned in the posts is Aeric, Drett, K'Tan, Shelby and D'callan.

Meds

Ok dunn is now positioned in the shuttle bay ready for the shuttle to return. That way we dont need to explain why D'callan didnt ask Aeric because there would be no need to ask where he would station  his own men. :)

Jen

That will work too. I appreciate the tweak.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds

No worries Boss ;)  So everyone knows Dunn is stationed at the shuttle bay desk ready to receive our Romulan friends. He is monitoring shuttle progress, if anyone wants to speak to him from the bridge please do. :)

Bryancd

Quote from: Jen on June 28, 2009, 12:09:03 PM
Bryan don't forget you have a new character on the Romulan vessel. I remember you asking me if she could be there. I figured that would give you an in to that story without including more Starfleet characters on the away mission. There are plenty of things for characters on the ship to be doing. Sevryll gave orders for security to prepare for the evacuees by securing the essential areas. She gave orders to the engineering department too. You don't have to be on the away mission to join the story, but  If ANYONE wants to be in those upcoming scenes, please consider playing one of the Romulans on the disabled vessel. You are more than welcome to do so. We need some puppeteers to play our cast of evacuees.  

Yes, I would like to introduce her but I wasn't sure that she would be on this ship or on the other one we were going to encounter. I sort of saw her on on of the mercenary type ships and not traveling with the Senators as she would hate them. If there will be another ship we will encounter, I can write her on that otherwise I can put her on this ship. Let me know what will work.
I could care less if Dunn is on the away mission and remember he is a NPC. I was just looking to bring him into the story. I appreciate trying to "herd cats" so speak. :)

Jen

Yeah, there is another ship we will encounter right after we rescue the peeps on this one. She could be on that ship if you want. They will obviously bump heads with the senators. Is she a recurring character or just a person who will be along for one season? If she's only on for one season, she could be the one who murders the senator. If she's not...she could be pivotal in discovering the murder. Just a few ideas. Obviously we haven't crossed that bridge yet. :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Bryancd

Quote from: Jen on June 28, 2009, 05:18:01 PM
Yeah, there is another ship we will encounter right after we rescue the peeps on this one. She could be on that ship if you want. They will obviously bump heads with the senators. Is she a recurring character or just a person who will be along for one season? If she's only on for one season, she could be the one who murders the senator. If she's not...she could be pivotal in discovering the murder. Just a few ideas. Obviously we haven't crossed that bridge yet. :)

Oh, I'll do with a one season and done for her, that sounds like a more interesting direction. Good deal, Jen, I'll start on that.

Jen

Quote from: Bryancd on June 28, 2009, 07:33:55 PM

Oh, I'll do with a one season and done for her, that sounds like a more interesting direction. Good deal, Jen, I'll start on that.

Okay, cool. So she's the murderer? Our outline says it's the aid of another politician that kills the senator because she wants to defect. Maybe Nalah is actually on this ship the away team is about to board then.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Bryancd

Quote from: Jen on June 28, 2009, 07:55:58 PM
Quote from: Bryancd on June 28, 2009, 07:33:55 PM

Okay, cool. So she's the murderer? Our outline says it's the aid of another politician that kills the senator because she wants to defect. Maybe Nalah is actually on this ship the away team is about to board then.

Oh, no, I'm sorry, I don't want her to be the killer, although she would want to kill the Senators. That might make for some good foddder, I have been chatting via PM with Shelby about how the two Rumulan women would react to eachother. Certainly she would be a suspect.
Anyway, I'll put her aboard this ship today in a post. :)