• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Post Readers for Season 10

Started by Geekyfanboy, June 29, 2009, 09:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Quote from: Rico on June 30, 2009, 11:18:34 AM
I just think it's important before any readings for Season 10 go out.  Even a quick couple minute blurb at the start would be fine.  Keep in mind you don't have to include every reading so far in the first Season 10 Ready Room.  Posting will slow and you can cut it at any point and use some in the next show.  

And it will be...we do that every season. ;)  It did not slow down last season and we had almost two weeks worth of back posts to read even though the season ended. People seem to like that portion of the show so we continue to include it. Skipping posts would leave holes in the story on the RR and that might be confusing.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Yep.. that's the plan.. will have folks continue to read posts and will put out 20 or so an RR.

Rico

Jen -

I did not mean to skip posts permanently, of course.  Did I say that??  I just don't want you to feel you have to cram everything so far into the first RR.  Oh, and there are slowdowns.  Not at the start or end usually of seasons, but just look back over the Ready Room running times from last season.  I see everything from a 22 min show to some 90+ minutes.  So there are chances to catch up - if needed.

Jen

Quote from: Rico on June 30, 2009, 11:18:34 AM
Keep in mind you don't have to include every reading so far in the first Season 10 Ready Room.  

I misunderstood what you said. I comprende now. ;)

We did not plan on putting all the posts in first RR. There's over 40, which is awesome...but many of them are long and would take several minutes to read aloud.  Kenny likes to acquire a que of readings. He collects as many as he can each week, but he never uses them all.  :)

I was just saying that there will be commentary at the start of the RR, like we usually do when we kick off as season, and there will be some readings in the first RR. Not all of them, just enough to get the listeners introduced to the story.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

That's all I was asking about.  I just wanted to make sure people didn't get thrust in blind to season 10.  I wasn't sure if you and the rest of the RR group were going to have time for commentary.  It had seemed you all were very busy lately.

Geekyfanboy

Any more volunteers to read posts this season? I have five so far that can read weekly and one that can read occasionally. Anyone else want to help us out?

Bryancd

I would Kenny, but I'm not sure my audio quality is up to snuff.

Geekyfanboy

I may take up on that offer as there are a lot of posts to read and not many readers

thanks

billybob476

I mentioned I'd be out of town but if you don't mind getting posts Monday I can read this weekend. Feel free to assign me some.

Dangelus

Hey Kenny,

Sorry I've been busy the last couple of days and missed this post!

I'll gladly read again this season, wouldn't want to deprive the ladies (and gents!) of my dulcet tones now would I? ;)

billybob476

Quote from: Dangelus on July 02, 2009, 06:34:31 AM
Hey Kenny,

I'll gladly read again this season, wouldn't want to deprive the ladies (and gents!) of my dulcet tones now would I? ;)

Indeed, your Galdar voice is smooth as silk :)

Dangelus

Quote from: billybob476 on July 02, 2009, 06:37:38 AM
Hey Kenny,

Oh darn! Forgot about him! Better go and get me a bunch of throat lozenges! Also I'm thinking of buying Mike a headset and force him to do it. ;)

Meds

Quote from: Dangelus on July 02, 2009, 06:43:38 AM

Oh darn! Forgot about him! Better go and get me a bunch of throat lozenges! Also I'm thinking of buying Mike a headset and force him to do it. ;)

Amen to that ;)

Jen

Quote from: billybob476 on July 02, 2009, 06:37:38 AM
Hey Kenny,

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on July 02, 2009, 09:23:26 AM

Amen to that ;)

LOL. I don't think the headset is the reason he doesn't record his own posts. :D  Though I think he'd be very good at it.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Wow you guys have been busy.. there are now over 50 posts in the season 10 thread.

For the first RR Jen and Rick will discuss Season 10 and then will start playing the posts. I don't think I'm going to assign all 50 of them I'll start with the first 20 and will go from there.

So here is what I need..

Jen - 0, 1, 6, 17, 20
Meds - 2, 10, 18
Billybob - 3, 8
Rico - 4, 12
Moyer - 5, 7, 15
Crystal - 9, 19
BryanCD - 11, 13
Dangelus - 14, 16

Get them to me ASAP.. I know it's holiday weekend.. if I could get them by Monday evening that would be great. Email them to thereadyroompodcast@gmail.com

thanks,
Kenny