• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Clone Wars: Season 3

Started by Geekyfanboy, August 10, 2010, 09:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

WOW! Another great episode and Jar Jar was really funny for once. That was great!

Rico

Haven't heard many comments the last few weeks for the series.  I have found the last couple of episodes not quite as fun as the start of the season.  Seem to be going into areas that aren't the usual.  And where is Cade Bane??

KingIsaacLinksr

The last two...have been terrible.  Idk why we went on this whole corruption kick, but it's just not working.  (How many times need we say Corruption??)  I hope Filoni fesses up to the ForceCast podcast why they went this route because the episode story quality has been pretty lame.  It's like I wrote the stories.  And that is not a compliment in this case.  I really hope this was only a two parter because a three parter is going to drive me nuts. 

The Clone Wars has been good, up till these two, and idk why they are so bad, but I would not have published these two shows...they just didn't feel right..

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Geekyfanboy

Well I wouldn't say they are "terrible" ... I enjoyed the last few episodes.. Season 3 has been pretty good so far.. not as good as Season 2 IMO but hey it's Star Wars so it's leaps and bounds above the regular stuff.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on October 19, 2010, 08:23:15 PM
Well I wouldn't say they are "terrible" ... I enjoyed the last few episodes.. Season 3 has been pretty good so far.. not as good as Season 2 IMO but hey it's Star Wars so it's leaps and bounds above the regular stuff.

I only say terrible because we've seen what good is...and this just isn't it, it's like we returned to season 1...

Makes me disappointed.

King

Bryancd

Yeah, these episodes on Mandalore were just barley ok. Not horrible, but not super compelling. BUT, I still really love the show.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Kingisaaclinksr on October 19, 2010, 08:24:49 PM

I only say terrible because we've seen what good is...and this just isn't it, it's like we returned to season 1...

Makes me disappointed.

King

I'd take "terrible" Clone Wars episodes over any of the other cartoons out now.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on October 19, 2010, 08:33:41 PM
Quote from: Kingisaaclinksr on October 19, 2010, 08:24:49 PM

Makes me disappointed.

King

I'd take "terrible" Clone Wars episodes over any of the other cartoons out now.

I know, I know and so do I, I'm just confused why we had to have these episodes anyway, but having these quality cartoons is better than....well everything cartoon-based atm.  :)

King

Rico

It might be leading somewhere in terms of Mandalore and the War in general.  Hard to tell at this point.  I took it as George's way of trying to show how War has effects felt all over and not just on the front lines.  Actually when you think of it, it's more of a "Star Trek" approach to telling a story.  Less action and more morality themes.  I'm sure things will pick up soon.

X

I hate how it's starting to clash with what we know about the Mandos from the books.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: X on October 20, 2010, 07:15:22 AM
I hate how it's starting to clash with what we know about the Mandos from the books.

George Lucas doesn't include or even acknowledge the EU when he writes about Star Wars.  It's been a hotly debated subject over at the ForceCast podcast ever since S2.  heck, The Clone Wars doesn't follow any of books as far as I know.  The Live Action series won't either from what I've heard.

King

Bryancd

Quote from: X on October 20, 2010, 07:15:22 AM

The barn door has been left open, the horse has escaped, and the barn has burned to the ground on that issue!

Rico

Same in the Trek universe guys.  The books are one thing, what you see on the screen is another.

Bryancd

The Travis Mandalore books are one of the few SW EU novels I have never read, so I don't have any predisposition towards their culture as portrayed in the EU. I got an idea about it from Boba Fetts appearances in the Legacy of the Force series and it sounded cool, but I have no dog in this fight.

Rico

Really liked last night's episode featuring Ahsoka protecting Padme from the assassin.  Good stuff and I especially liked the use of music in this one.  Such as the playing of the Leia theme on Alderan.  Cool episode!