Main Menu

Clone Wars: Season 3

Started by Geekyfanboy, August 10, 2010, 09:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/season3_date/index.html

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 3 Premiere Date Announced

Secrets Are Revealed In All-New Season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Premiering on Cartoon Network, Friday, September 17, 9 p.m. (ET/PT)

New Clone Wars Adventures Online Virtual World to Debut with Season Premiere

Building on the huge ratings win from last spring's second season finale of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Cartoon Network announced today it will premiere 22 all-new episodes for season three of the critically acclaimed CG-animated series from creator George Lucas and Lucasfilm Animation. The special, one-hour season three premiere event of Star Wars: The Clone Wars airs Friday, September 17, at 9 p.m. (et/pt).

The season two finale of Star Wars: The Clone Wars was the highest-rated telecast of the season among all key kid demos -- 2-11, 6-11, 9-14. The one-hour special also took the #1 spot as the most-watched telecast of the day (May 2) among boys 6-14, and #1 for its timeslot with kids 6-14 versus all television. Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a thrilling, weekly 30-minute "mini-movie" created by the talented artists at Lucasfilm Animation.

Mystery, intrigue and adventure await our heroes with all-new action-packed episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. As war continues to rage throughout the galaxy, the dark side grows even stronger and the Jedi Knights are pushed to the breaking point. The lines between good and evil become blurred as secrets are revealed, truths are questioned and alliances are betrayed. Loyalties are tested as new enemies emerge and heroes rise -- and fall.

In this transformative new season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, surprises wait at every turn, the fate of the galaxy hangs in the balance and the destiny of the "Chosen One" will at long last be uncovered. Thrilling, unpredictable and often humorous, the exciting new adventures of the Star Wars Saga will captivate fans of all ages.

Fans of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated television series on Cartoon Network can also look forward to the scheduled online release of LucasArts, a division of Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd.'s and Sony Online Entertainment LLC's (SOE) Clone Wars Adventures video game on September 15. The ultimate virtual destination for a new generation of Star Wars fans, Clone Wars Adventures is an action-packed virtual world where players can go online to experience fun minigames, daily activities, events, rewards, lively social environments and competition. Clone Wars Adventures lets players duel iconic adversaries with their own custom lightsaber, speed through the galaxy in a custom starfighter, defeat enemies and take down starships.

Clone Wars Adventures is a free-to-play to game, but players who want to take the galactic action to the next level can purchase a monthly Membership subscription for $5.99, while a variety of epic items can also be purchased through Station Cash micro-transactions. The Clone Wars Adventures Galactic Passport is scheduled to be available at thousands of retail locations in North America later this fall and will include a 90 day membership, 500 Station Cash, the ability to unlock the Togruta playable character, a Yoda monitor topper, and more.

Geekyfanboy

Geekyfanboy

Wow.. I can't wait for this new season.. and for that matter can't wait for Season 2 on Blu-Ray..

moyer777

Me either!  This is going to rock!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Bryancd

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

jedijeff

Does look like it will be a great season, plenty of big stories it looks from the preview.

Rico

Don't forget, set your TIVO's and other DVR's - "Clone Wars" returns tomorrow night with an hour long season three premiere event!  Here's a pic below of the main voice actors at a recent celebration for season three.  Can't wait!

Bryancd

wraith1701

Looks pretty cool. :) I like the inclusion of the Sith Witches, and the new Zabrak feels like a welcome attempt at correcting one of the biggest issues I had with Episode I.  I'm looking forward to it. :)

Geekyfanboy

Wow.. fantastic premiere.. loved that there were two episodes. Didn't realized that the clones we saw in the first episode were ones that we saw in Season 2 defending that outpost... Enjoyed the first episode alot but really liked the second one.. love that we got to see a lot of Shaak Ti, she's a pretty cool Jedi. And we got to see two lightsaber battles.. Grievous and Obi Wan & Ventress and Anikan.

I'm so looking forward to this new season!!!!

Rico

Great start to the season.  I'm always amazed at how this series can bring out the emotions in me - especially for a bunch of clones.  They've really worked hard at giving them individual personalities and make you care about them.  Loved both episodes and enjoyed seeing more of Shaak Ti.  Great stuff!  :)