• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Clone Wars: Season 3

Started by Geekyfanboy, August 10, 2010, 09:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

X

That was hot! That 30 minutes made the prequels worth watching.

Geekyfanboy

ori-STUDFARM

Quote from: Bryancd on January 28, 2011, 06:50:11 PM
Star Wars on Pandora!

That was my initial thoughts :)

Great episode. May give good reason for the prophecy not coming true. Also, I'm glad that Qui Gon
[spoiler]appears to have been a false vision and not a visit from the genuine article....at least, as far as Obiwan is concerned. In Revenge Of The Sith, he doesn't yet know about Qui Gon's Force ghost ability until Yoda tells him[/spoiler]

Rico

Very cool episode last night.  I'm glad they are getting back to showing how truly powerful Anakin is.  Very cool stuff.

[spoiler]I didn't take the Qui-Gon force ghost as not being the real deal.  This is just another example of them playing a bit loose with canon.[/spoiler]

ori-STUDFARM

Quote from: Rico on January 29, 2011, 08:37:05 AM
Very cool episode last night.  I'm glad they are getting back to showing how truly powerful Anakin is.  Very cool stuff.

[spoiler]I didn't take the Qui-Gon force ghost as not being the real deal.  This is just another example of them playing a bit loose with canon.[/spoiler]

I'm not saying that the Qui Gon [spoiler] ghost wasn't real. Just that Obi Wan could have assumed it to be a false vision. Especially after Ahsoka's vision of her future self and Anakin's vision of his Mother. When he hears about that, he would assume that his visit by his former Master was also an impossible and false vision [/spoiler]

It would fit in with the movies better that way.

IMO of course ;)

X

Quote from: ori-STUDFARM on January 29, 2011, 10:26:45 AM
Quote from: Rico on January 29, 2011, 08:37:05 AM
Very cool episode last night.  I'm glad they are getting back to showing how truly powerful Anakin is.  Very cool stuff.

[spoiler]I didn't take the Qui-Gon force ghost as not being the real deal.  This is just another example of them playing a bit loose with canon.[/spoiler]

I'm not saying that the Qui Gon [spoiler] ghost wasn't real. Just that Obi Wan could have assumed it to be a false vision. Especially after Ahsoka's vision of her future self and Anakin's vision of his Mother. When he hears about that, he would assume that his visit by his former Master was also an impossible and false vision [/spoiler]

It would fit in with the movies better that way.

IMO of course ;)
Agreed and it would make his accepting the revelation as easy as he did so plausible.

Rico

Seems like a bit of a stretch to me.  I thought you guys were previously saying to just keep each SW "version" separate and not try and mix together the movies, books, cartoons, etc.?

Bryancd

I think...

[spoiler]The Qui-gon was the real deal whereas the older Asoka and Shmi were the brother and sister in disguise. Qui gon seemed to be trying to help Obi wan. I loved the foreshadowing of Asoka having to hear she has the seeds of the dark side in her from her Master! [/spoiler]

X

Quote from: Rico on January 29, 2011, 11:50:23 AM
Seems like a bit of a stretch to me.  I thought you guys were previously saying to just keep each SW "version" separate and not try and mix together the movies, books, cartoons, etc.?
I wasn't saying that which is why some of the things they do upset me. However, according to the rules of Lucas, regardless of the media, the films are a part of all different version of canon. EU canon attempts to incorporate everything except things specifically voided by the higher powers.

[spoiler]
What part of it is a stretch to you. If that was Qui-gon and Kenobi thought it wasn't, that wouldn't change anything that we've seen on the films. Another thing with that scene is that everyone that wasn't who they said they were appeared to be solid and Qui-gon didn't.

From another perspective, it wouldn't make sense to get Liam to come all the way back to SW to play a figment and there are many sites that have said that he was back the play the force ghost.

Seeing something you never knew was possible. Something that he had yet to experience. It's easy for someone who is supposed to be wise in the way of the force to not believe that truth until it is later revealed to him. We don't know what else Obi and Yoda talked about before they parted ways, but it could have been something as simple as "he said he saw you." off screen. Which if you combine that event that he might not believe and Yoda's talk, that could be why he surrendered to the force. He knew it was possible from those two events. [/spoiler]

Rico

Frankly, I'm just trying to enjoy the "Clone Wars" and not bothering to try and fit everything together anymore.

KingIsaacLinksr

This episode....wow, it really was cool to see this episode. It finally shows us what the prophecy was all about.  This was some great stuff :)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bryancd

I thought Obi-wan..

[spoiler]Presented in that scene as a man believing he was speaking to an old friend. [/spoiler]

Geekyfanboy

Man I love Star Wars Clone Wars... just watched todays... AWESOME!!!!

Bryancd

Yeah, last nights was again very complex. A lot of foreshadowing going and the previews for the final episode in this arc is HOLY COW!

Rico

Great episode last night.  The last several week's have just been fantastic.  Makes me wish they could do the live action series with this type of writing and action.