• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

BSG Season 4 News (may contain slight spoilers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, December 12, 2007, 11:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jobydrone

Maybe I'm being  unfair to Nana.  I wonder how much of my feelings about her are partly or completely influenced by my general distaste for DS9.  I remember being very disillusioned by DS9 when it first aired, and I know now it was not as much due to to quality of the show as a whole but because I was so upset that TNG ended.  Remember, this was before the whole "seven season arc" was a norm or even slightly expected, and also before there was a great deal of hype or promotion surrounding the Star Trek license even with all the activity surrounding the new series.  I watched TNG religiously, it was the highlight of my life week in and week out.  I was crushed and surprised when I found out that TNG was ending and this I'm sure impacted my ability to enjoy and get involved in the new series.  I've tried many times to get into DS9...bought the season one DVDs, watched the show over and over in syndication.  It's never hooked me and I'm afraid it never will at this point.

I didn't mean to go so far off topic...back to BSG season 4...I can't wait, it's going to be the best TV by leaps and bounds over anything else out there.  I hope the mid season break is not too jarring.  There's a ton of loose ends to tie up this final season, and I am a bit concerned that my expectations are so high that I might be a little let down when it's all over.

Is anyone else besides me hoping and praying that the big reveal at the end of season three is some kind of hoax or ploy by the Cylons?  I want Tigh to be human so badly it hurts. 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

billybob476

As for DS9, try skipping to season 3 or 4. Once the Dominion war starts the show gets insanely good.

Rico

Personally I like Nana and DS9, so I'm looking forward to seeing her on BSG.  One thing I've never been clear on is were all the human looking Cylons created from scratch or were they made to look like and replace a known human in order to slip into human society?  Since Tigh appears fairly old, the Cylons didn't really have "skin jobs" back when he would of been born.  So if Tigh is a really a Cylon did he replace the original human Tigh?  And if that isn't the case how did he slip in since Adama at least has known Tigh a very long time?

Jobydrone

There's alot of questions that we might never have answers to.  One big one for me, is why they create multiple copies of the skin jobs in the first place.  What benefit is it to the Cylons beyond keeping things simple on the assembly line?  It certainly made it difficult for them to try to be sneaky about mixing in with the humans to have multiples running around everywhere.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Jobydrone

Quote from: billybob476 on March 19, 2008, 07:09:57 AM
As for DS9, try skipping to season 3 or 4. Once the Dominion war starts the show gets insanely good.

I'm almost positive I've seen most if not all of the episodes of DS9.  Pretty weird for a show I didn't really like, I know, but it goes to show how much I love Star Trek I guess.  I agree the show got much better near the end, especially when they started doing Worf centric episodes.

wraith1701

Check it out--  This season is going to be pretty frakkin' cool...

Jen

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

wraith1701

Here are some promo pics from the upcoming season of BSG.  Semi-spoiler-y, I guess...

Jen

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

wraith1701

Geekyfanboy

Jen

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

wraith1701

I really think this is a cool idea!  I bet there would be a LOT of participation, and it would make a pretty interesting podcast episode!  I wonder if there is a limit to the number of folks who can be on a skype party line at the same time?